The Savanna grasslands, this is where the first humans originated from. Known as she Serengeti ecosystem in Tanzania it is a huge national park extending into Kenya that is known as Masai Mara. Serengeti is derived from the Masai language and it means “endless plains”. And truly endless it is to get lost not just physically but in its beauty. It hosts the largest terrestrial mammal migration in the world. Approximately, 70 large mammal and 500 bird species are found here. Wildebeests, gazelles, zebras and buffalos some of the commonly found mammals. Of course there is the big five as well – lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros.
The quicker we humans learn that saving open space and wildlife is critical to our welfare and quality of life, maybe we’ll start thinking of doing something about it.Jim Fowler
- Destination: Tanzania
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 2.3333° S, 34.8333° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Kilimanjaro Airport
- Months: Jul-Nov, Dec-Mar
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 4-5 Days
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
It would be a pity not to experience a safari whilst staying in Tanzania. Many people having climbed Kilimanjaro, wish to add on a few days after their climb to experience Tanzania’s unique safari parks. Many once “bitten”, come again and again to explore this huge and diverse country in more detail. The following is just an example of what we will do in 5 days.
If you have just climbed Kilimanjaro or you are coming directly for the safari, you will be picked up by your friendly safari team in your specially adapted safari vehicle on the following day and the adventure begins.
- Day 1 / Lake Manyara National Park
- Drive from the hotel to Lake Manyara National Park , which takes about 4 hours. After having a picnic lunch in Manyara, you start a late afternoon game drive, which is the best time to view animals in this park. When you approach it from the East Rift Valley escarpment looms on the horizon forming an impressive back droid to the lake. In the tall trees of the ground water forest, monkeys leap from branch to branch, on the escarpment elephants stand in the shade. Other animals frequently seen are zebras, impalas, monkeys, giraffes, buffalos, hippos and others. Overnight at hotel/ similar for dinner and overnight -full board.
- Day 2 / Serengeti National Park
- The drive to Serengeti National Park via Olduvai Gorge takes 3 to 4 hours. Olduvai Gorge is an archaeological site located in the eastern Serengeti plains, in which early human fossils were first discovered. It has an amazing landscape that resulted from the same tectonic forces that created the Great Rift Valley millions of years ago. Then in the late evening, drive to and overnight camp - full board.
- Day 3 / Serengeti National Park
- After breakfast, venture into the Serengeti’s wilderness corners for a half day of game viewing in the park. In the late afternoon, drive to the camp at Ngorongoro for rest, dinner, and overnight - full board.
- Day 4 / Ngorongoro Crater
- After breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Crater for a half day game drive inside the crater. This is undoubtedly the best place to see black rhino in Tanzania as well as the prides of lion that includes the magnificent black mined males. There are lots of colorful flamingoes and the variety of water birds. Other game that you may see includes leopard, cheetah, hyena, other members of the antelope family, and small mammals. In the late afternoon drive back to the hotel in Moshi (and depart the next day for your next destination. If you are staying for another day of safari, then drive to the hotel.
- Day 5 / Tarangire National Park
- The drive from the hotel to Tarangire National Park takes two hours. This park is spectacular in the dry season when many of the migratory wildlife species come back to the permanent waters of the Tarangire River. Huge herds of wildebeest, zebras, elephants, elands and Oryx gather to stay in Tarangire until the onset of the rain when they migrate again to good grazing areas. In the late afternoon, drive to hotel in Moshi for your overnight stay.
- Payment and Cancellation Policy:
- • Payment to be made in a choice of 2 Installments or full payment , and full payment must be done before 30 days from the start of the event Cancellation: • 90% refund of the total amount On cancellation before 2 months from the date of start of the event. • 75% refund of the total amount If cancelled between 30 to 60 days from the date of start of the event. • 50% Refund Of the total amount If cancelled Between 10 and 30 days from the date of start of the event. • 25% refund Of the total amount If Cancelled between 3 and 9 days from the date of start of the event. • No refunds if cancelled within three days of the start of the event or if not present during the event, Or if the participant has to cancel or leave the event after the start of the event due to any reason what so ever. • No Refunds on cancellations, or not attending the event or if the Participant has to leave during any point of the event. • No refunds will be made if the event gets cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances out of the control of the organizers like Natural calamities, bandhs, strikes , etc. • Foreign nationals (not from India) will have to bear extra cost wherever applicable.
- All meals during the safari.
- Accommodation (camping).
- Transport As per itinerary (Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha).
- All entry charges.
- Visa Charges.
- Insurance charges.
- Any medical expenses.
- Any beverages or additional food.
- Any other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips for guide and porters.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then