Bhaba Pass Trek
Pin Bhaba Pass is one of the unique high-altitude crossover treks in India that has a diverse terrain, landscapes and culture. The pass itself is very high at 5,020 m and therefore not an easy trek as acclimatization becomes critical. The trek starts from Shimla goes through Kinnaur crossing over to Spiti. gradually ascending to the highest point at the pass and then descending to Manali where you would be driven via Rohtang Pass.
In all the things of nature there is something of the marvelous.Aristotle
- Destination: Himachal Pradesh
- Location: Kinnaur-Spiti Valley
- Departure: Shimla
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 31.7803° N, 77.9965° E
- Highest Altitude: 4,900 m/16,100 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Bhuntar (Kullu)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Joginder Nagar
- Duration: 9-10 Days
- Dates: On request
- Months: Mid-June to September
- Level: Difficult
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
- Day 1 / Arrive in Shimla
- Day 2 / Drive from Shimla (2,275 m/7,465 ft) to Kafnu (2,401 m/7,878 ft): 205 km/6-7 hrs
- Day 3 / Kafnu to Mulling (3,242 m/10,637 ft): 11 km/8 hrs
- After breakfast, embark upon a stunning Bhaba pass trek route. Amble amidst apple orchards and an easy to follow forested part. With a trail that is moderate in nature, it would take you around 6 hours to arrive at Gulling meadows. Once there, take in the natural beauty that abounds. Overnight in Tents.
- Day 4 / Mulling to Karah (3,552 m/11,653 ft): 6 km/5-6 hrs
- This exciting day of the Bhaba Pass Trek, brace yourself for some fun river crossings where you will have to make way through natural bridges. Enjoy the sights of vibrant alpine blossoms. You might also get to meet some local shepherds who adorn traditional outfits. Arrive at Karah meadow after a steady climb. Once there, lap up the sights of stunning peaks that lie on the border of Kinnaur and Spit. Overnight in Camp.
- Day 5 / Karah to Phutsirang (4,107 m/13,474 ft): 5 km/5-6 hrs
- This day, start from Karah and enjoy the trek to Phustirang. Expect breath-taking sights as you make your way on the river's left bank to arrive at Phustirang. Witness the mighty Hansbeshan Peak that perches at 5,840m. Arrive at the camp ground during the earlier part of the evening and unwind. Overnight in camp.
- Day 6 / Acclimatization day at Phutsirang
- Day 7 / Phutsirang to Balder (3,900 m/12,795 ft) via Pin Bhaba Pass (4,900 m/16,100 ft): 5 km/7-8 hrs
- This day, you begin by ascending the path that takes you to the Bhaba Pass. Be prepared for a steep path and heavy snow. You would have to put in more strength and treading on the snowy area can take more time. Once at the top, you can feast your eyes on the great views that surrounds. Witness many mountain ranges and the famous Pin Parvati Pass. Take a short halt and start climbing down towards the Spiti side. After a few hours; make way on the stunning landscape that is distinctive of Spiti. The terrain here is a mix of grasslands and mountains of various colors. Overnight in Camp.
- Day 8 / Balder to Mudh (3,744 m/12,283 ft): 5 km/3-4 hrs To Kaza (3,800 m/12,467 ft): 40 km drive/2 hrs
- Today, there will be an easy trek to Mudh. The terrain that surrounds you will be breath-taking. Witness purple hued mountains, Pin river meandering and endless open spaces. Enjoy the charming hamlet of Mud, after which you will be driven to Kaza. Once you are here, you will head to the hotel and get refreshed; overnight stay in the hotel.
- Day 9 / Drive from Kaza to Manali via Kunzum La Pass (4,550 m/14,928 ft) and Rohtang Pass (3,970 m/13,025 ft)
- Day 10 / Manali – Departure
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent.
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers and guides.
- Comfort/luxury trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages during the trek: Full board - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Transfers and transport during the trek.
- Accommodation in Shimla/Kaza/Manali with breakfast.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation, oxygen cylinder etc.
- Personal clothing - incl. jackets etc., sleeping bags.
- Climbing equipment such as snow boots, gaiters, crampons, ice axe etc. could be rented on request at an additional cost.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Any airfare.
- Any payment transaction cost or fee.
- Transport for sightseeing in and around Manali/Shimla and in Himachal Pradesh.
- Any item not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then