Deoria Tal, Chopta and Chandrashila Trek
From the meadows lined with oak and pine forests to the beautiful lake of Deoria Tal to magnificent views of the snow capped peaks from Chandrashila, this trek has almost everything a Himalayan trek would have without much walking or climbing. A perfect trek for first time trekkers, families and children who want a taste of the Himalayas.
If the winter is too cold and the summer is too hot, you are not a hiker.A Bitter Hiker
- Destination: Uttarakhand
- Location: Chopta
- Departure: Dehradun/Rishikesh/Haridwar
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 30.4863° N, 79.2212° E
- Highest Altitude: 4,000 m/13,123 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Jolly Grant Airport (Dehradun)/li>
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Dehradun/Haridwar
- Duration: 4 days
- Dates: 28 – 31 March, On request
- Months: Dec-Jun, Oct-Nov
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The trip starts with a scenic drive from Dehradun, Rishikesh or Haridwar towards the destination – Chopta. Along the way one could see the confluence of the rivers Bhagirathi and Alaknanda to form the mighty Ganges. The entire region is a centre of religion, spirituality as one could see temples, pilgrims and sages throughout the drive. The trek itself starts the next day towards Chandrashila from where you would see the majestic mountains up close. These mountains (all of them 20,000 ft plus) include Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Neelkanth and Bandarpunch.
The next day after a short drive you would start the trek from the quaint village of Sari (not to be confused with the Saree – the clothing typically worn by Indian women ☺). The walk takes you to the beautiful lake of Deoria Tal with amazing reflection of the mountains that is bound to be etched in your mind forever.
- Day 1 / Drive from Dehradun/Rishikesh/Haridwar to Chopta (2,680 m/8,793 ft). Camp at Chopta: 220 km from Dehardun/8-9 hours
- Day 2 / Trek from Chopta to Chandrashila (4,000m/13,123 ft) and back: 5 km/3-4 hours
- Day 3 / One hour drive to Sari village. Trek to Deoria Tal (2,438 m/8,000 ft)and back: 3 km/1-2 hours. Drive back to the camp at Chopta.
- Day 4 / Drive back from Chopta to Dehradun/Rishikesh/Haridwar.
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, sleeping bag, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent, hot water bottles, gas heater (when needed),
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers.
- Comfortable trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages during the trek: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature, tips etc.
- Items not mentioned in the inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then