Diving in the Andaman Islands
The Garden of Eden in India is indeed the Andaman Islands, with the garden under water. Andaman Islands, an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal comprises of 300 islands known for palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves and tropical rainforests. It is a hot spot of marine life supported by the beautiful coral reefs. It is an ideal place to discover and learn scuba diving and commune with the rich marine life under water.
Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.Vanessa Paradis
- Destination: Andamans
- Nearest City (Airport): Port Blair
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year except during the monsoons
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Andaman islands for long has been the jewel in the Bay of Bengal. With history, pristine beaches, marine life, culture and more these islands have been a popular destination for travellers. Further with clear water and rich marine bio diversity lately it has become a paradise for scuba divers from across the globe.
The essential Andamans experience includes exploring this island esp, the capital city of Port Blair known for its massive cellular jail that housed many a Indian freedom fighters in the past. This is followed by shacking out in its pristine white-sand beaches in the island of Havelock – Radhanagar, Elephanta.
For the ocean lovers, the Andaman waters provides a great opportunity to see beautiful and abundant marine life up and close. It’s a great place to snorkel and discover scuba diving. You don’t have to be a pro to dive. Qualified and experienced divers would give you an orientation and introduction to diving. They would further accompany you under water where they would guide and help you dive to be close enough to kiss the fish ☺.
However, if you want to get one step further, you could get certified. PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) offers certification courses to train divers so that they could become more proficient and qualified while diving. We could help you there as well.
Andamans has many PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) approved site. We will be diving in and around Havelock and maybe go to some offbeat and less crowded sites as well like the Neil island and more.
We have designed the itinerary for people who are new to diving to diving. Therefore, you could just come to snorkel and take a “fun dive”, or take a PADI certification if you are ready for it, or just dive with us if you already have one.
- Day 1 / Port Blair
- Arrival at Port Blair. Airport pick up and check into a hotel. Later in the afternoon visit Cellular jail followed by light and sound show. The Cellular Jail has a pride of place in India’s freedom struggle. Declared a national memorial, this three-storey prison constructed by the British in 1906, is a pilgrimage destination for freedom fighters. This colossal edifice has mutely witnessed the most treacherous of inhumane atrocities borne by the convicts, who were mostly freedom fighters. The day draws to a gentle close with the Sound and Light Show at the historic Cellular Jail, which gives you a vivid experience of its strong association with the freedom fighters and their struggle for independence. Later in the evening dinner with the group and getting to know each other. Overnight at the Hotel in Port Blair.
- Day 2 / Havelock Island
- After the breakfast you will be transferred to the Jetty. Head to Havelock Island on board Cruise connecting the two islands! Havelock, about 54 kilometers northeast of Port Blair, the Island is a hidden jewel. After checking in at the resort, we will head for Radhanagar Beach (or Beach No. 7), the jewel in the crown of Havelock Island. Located on the western side of the island, it stands away from the cluster. The glorious white sand beach shot to global fame when Time magazine (in 2004) rated it as the finest in Asia. With lush tropical forest rising on a hill to one side, the draw of this white sand beach has steadily grown in the legion of avid beach buffs. The popularity of this beach has triggered cruises from across the Andaman Sea. Travelers cruise over a few days from Thailand to experience the magic of this beach in particular. A wide beach that runs over a few kilometers, Radhanagar is simply stunning. It lends itself to a variety of activities. Later in the evening you will meet the dive instructors. There will be a briefing session that will include a short video presentation on diving and we will complete the necessary paperwork required. Overnight at the resort in Havelock.
- Day 3 / Havelock Island: Orientation, Swimming and Snorkeling and Diving
- Early in the morning before breakfast, we would go out into the sea where an orientation would be given on the art of diving and an introduction to the diving equipment. We would have one dive along with the instructors. For those, who are a bit hesitant to dive they could snorkel. We will have breakfast on the boat. After coming back to the resort, we will have lunch and meet again for a short session (video presentation) and review. Rest of the afternoon, the evening is free to explore Havelock and its beaches.
- Day 4 / Havelock: Diving and Island Hopping
- Today we will go diving at the beach or away from the island. Depending on the weather conditions and approvals from the authorities we can plan one dive at a different island like Neil Island or any other (which is a bit offbeat and not commercialized yet ☺).
- Day 5 / Depart
- After breakfast, check out from the resort and take the ferry back to Port Blair for the flight back home.
- Airport transfers.
- Ferry ride to and from Havelock.
- Accommodation (twin sharing) with breakfast and dinner at a star rated hotel in Port Blair and at a resort (Beach Shacks) in Havelock. Single supplement will be at an additional cost.
- Diving equipment and boat rides for diving and island hopping. Please note that visit to other islands for dives and lunch is subject to approvals from government authorities.
- All permits.
- All taxes.
- Tickets (incl. camera charges) to monuments, buidings, museums etc.
- PADI/SSI Certification (would be additional based on the type of certification).
- Beverages (Non Alcoholic/Alcoholic).
- Guide Services.
- Personal expenses.
- Any Airfare.
- Any item that is not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then