Hampta Pass Trek
Hampta pass trek is just the ideal trek for the beginners to soak in the majestic views of the Greater Himalayas, thick pine forest, beautiful meadows, some edgy river crossings and of course the high altitude mountain pass known as Hampta pass.
When you are in the mountains, Every day is Friday.Anonymous
- Destination: Himachal Pradesh
- Location: Manali, Spiti
- Departure: Manali
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 32.2704° N, 77.3466° E
- Highest Altitude: 4,300 m/14,100 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Bhuntar (Kullu)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Joginder Nagar
- Duration: 6 days
- Dates: On request
- Months: Mid-June to Mid-Sep
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The trek connects two valleys – Kullu and Lahaul, both of them have contrasting landscapes. Kullu is full of vegetation and greenery and, Lahaul valley is completely rocky and sandy with brown mountains with snow-clad peaks. Mt. Deo Tibba, Mt. Indraasan and their glaciers is a treat to watch during the trek.
The trek starts from Manali where we would walk in a South Easterly direction towards Chikka, the first stop. The next day we would pass through amazing boulders, Rani Nallah to reach Balu ka Ghera. The third day we would reach Shea Goru from Balu ka Ghera via Hampta Pass. We will pass through stupendous glaciers, cornice formation and snow all along the way. The maximum altitude will be reached on this day i.e. 4,300 m/14,100 ft. Day four will start from Sia Goru and end up in Chhatru. We will witness the valleys of Lahaul and Spiti and also the mountain ranges of Pir Panjal and Spiti. From Chhatru, we will head to Chandra Tal, the beautiful lake and camp there. The next day we will head back to Manali.
- Day 1 / Manali (2,050 m/6,726 ft) to Jobdi (2,987 m/9,800 ft): 1.5 hour drive and 30 minute trek
- Easy to moderate trail. Manali to Jobdi is a one hour drive crossing around 30 hairpin bends which will make your journey exciting. The landscapes that you see while going to Jobdi are splendid. From Jobdi starts your adventurous journey of trekking in Himachal.There are some side streams to cross before descending back to the main valley floor. The camp at Jobdi; brown bears are said to hibernate in the nearby rock caves during the winter. After lunch on arrival in camp we can do adventure activity like River Crossing and Rippling. Dinner and overnight stay in the camp.
- Day 2 / Jobdi to Chika to Jwara (3,375 m/11,072 ft): 7 km/5-6 hours
- Trek from Jobdi to Chika is a 3 hour journey. With the mesmerizing views, walk along the River Rani amidst the rocky Himalayas. The forests are decorated with a variety of trees like oak, maple, deodar and the alpines. It is known for an amazing green alpine meadow. It is said to be that this place was belonged to the Mahabharata period as Pandavas spent a part of time in this region during their exile. After visit, start the trekking to campsite of Chikka. Overnight in Camp at Chikka.
- Day 3 / Jwara to Balu ka Ghera (3,783 m/12,411 ft): 5 km/5-6 hours
- Dhauladhar Range. After a wholesome and nourishing breakfast, set on an easy trekking trail that is supremely impressive! Today, you’ll experience the true beauty of the Himalayas as you set eyes for the very first glimpse of towering snow-capped peaks. These are the Dhauladhar ranges, the outer Himalayan chain of mountains. Walk through flowering meadows and valleys that create delightful picture-perfect scenery for you to revel in. Cross a log bridge; over a fast flowing mountain stream, cautiously to arrive at Balu ka Ghera, the hibernating grounds for the great Himalayan brown bear followed by overnight stay in camps. Overnight stay in the camp.
- Day 4 / Balu ka Ghera to Sia Goru (3,735 m/12,254 ft) via Hampta Pass (4,300 m/14,100 ft): 7 km/8-9 hours
- 8-9 hours Trek, Hampta Pass, Kullu Valley, Lahul & Spiti Valley Starting with an early morning trek, toady you will experience the dynamic landscape that the Great Himalayas hold within its large arms! A perfect learning ground for beginners in trekking, the trail has easy and gradual slopes; on your way, you can also enjoy conversations with the local shepherds and know more about the valley and life in there! Following these trails, arrive at the spell binding Hampta Valley and experience its enchanting beauty at the best. Continue to cross the Lahaul Valley after leaving Hampta Village to reach Sia Goru basecamp; overnight stay in tents. Overnight stay in the camp.
- Day 5 / Sia Goru to Chhatru (3,322 m/10,898 ft): 4-5 hours trek. Drive to Chandratal (4,250 m/13,944 ft). Camp at Daderpul in the night.
- 4-5 hours Trek, Pir Panjal Ranges, Chandra Tal Lake Compared to the other days, today will be an easier one! Beginning with the trek (after breakfast), start descending through the Hampta Valley. The magnificent Pir Panjal ranges of the inner Himalayan circle appear ahead of you! On the way to Chatru, you will be crossing through the stunning cold desert land of Spiti Valley with a dominating landform of its own. Arriving in Chhatru. Pickup by jeep and drive to Chandertal Lake. The drive through the magnificent trails and passes of Chhatru will take you to Chandra. The Chandra Tal Lake will serve as the main attraction for the day! A high altitude moon-shaped lake, it is located at an altitude of 14,100ft and is a delight for the visitors. Exploring and discovering the stunning beauty of the lake, after then drive back to Daderpul overnight in camp O/N Camp at Daderpul.
- Day 6 / Drive back to Manali/Kullu via Rohtang Pass (3,978 m/13,050 ft): 90 km/5-6 hour drive to Manali.
- It is also possible that a route change may become necessary due to weather, Inaccessibility through the mountain passes due to heavy snow, condition of the trail and Physical fitness of the clients. What to bring for the trek: - Good Warm internal clothing (woolen and fleece, thermals), water proof and wind proof clothing, Comfortable hiking boots with good resistance against the snow and water with a good grip, haversack, sandals, walking sticks, gaiters , woolen/tennis socks (quite a few pairs) and stocking, gloves, cap, sunglasses (very important) , Sunscreen lotion, day sack, camera and binocular (OPTIONAL), water bottle, torch and batteries, though the water is very clean and pure and we do provide boiled water once you are in trek still in order to be extra careful you can get few chlorine pills as mountain water is supposed to be hard. Climate: - Day temperature in the sun is pleasant but windy but nights are cold. The temp at night and in rain and snow (especially in Sep and Oct) can really go down; sometimes below zero. So you have to be well prepared.
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, sleeping bag, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent, hot water bottles, gas heater (when needed),
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers.
- Comfortable trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages during the trek: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Transportation by Tata Sumo Jeep during the trek pickup Chattru drive to Chandertal and back to Manali.
- Adequate medical kit.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature, tips etc.
- Items not mentioned in the inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then