Holi in Jaipur
Holi, the Indian festival of colours is very popular in the northern part of India. And it is often said that if you want to experience the true spirit of this colourful festival then there is no other place more appropriate to celebrate it other than the land of colours itself – Rajasthan. Come join us in Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan this Holi and experience one of the most memorable time of your life.
Colours are the smiles of nature.James Henry Leigh Hunt
- Destination: Rajasthan
- Location: Jaipur
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 26.9000° N, 75.8000° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Jaipur
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Jaipur
- Duration: 5D/4N
- Festival Dates: 1 – 2 March 2018
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
In the five days you will experience the different flavours of Jaipur, from exploring the famous landmarks of the pink city, to experiencing a rich colourful festival of Holi, to taking care of the majestic elephants , painting them, going for elephant ride, to walking through the busy streets and bazaars of Jaipur. You will also be spending time with the village folks and through your interaction with them you will get a better understanding of their rich culture and ancient traditions.
- Day 1
- Arrival at Jaipur . Traditional Rajasthani welcome. Get yourself clicked in a Rajasthani attire. Get Heena/ Mehndi applied on your hands. Start the Holi celebrations in the evening with Holika Dahan
- Day 2
- Spend your entire day playing with colours and celebrate this unique Indian festival.
- Day 3
- Visit the elephant camp near Amber fort. Spend time tending to these majestic creatures - bathe them, feed them and you can also paint and decorate them. Go for the much desired elephant ride. After lunch you can either explore the Bazaar or be a part of the Old City Walk
- Day 4
- Village Tour . Interact with the villagers and learn about their culture and beliefs . Enjoy a delicious authentic Rajasthani lunch with the host family
- Day 5
- Day dedicated to exploring Jaipur, you can either be a part of sightseeing group or if you are the more adventures kind you can opt to go cycling in Jaipur. Some of the places you will be visiting are – The famous Monkey Temple, Birla Temple, City Palace, Jantar Mantar Observatory.
- Traditional Rajasthani welcome
- Elephant ride at Amber fort
- Elephant paint / Activities near Amber
- Applying of Heena/ Mehndi
- Rajasthani Dress photo
- Jaipur sight seeing
- Cycling Tour
- Entry fee at all the monuments
- English speaking guide
- All assistance
- Food & Beverages: Lunch at village with the host family, 2 bottles of mineral water daily
- Transportation: AC car pick up and drop from a designated point at Jaipur.
- Personal Expenses
- Camera Charges
- Hotel Accommodation
- Phone Calls
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then