Island Peak Climb
Island Peak is 6,189 meters high and one of the most popular and busy trekking peaks in Nepal, also known as Imja Tse, lies in the Khumbu Himalayan range. Island Peak takes its name from its appearance due to its striking resemblance to an island on a sea of ice. It is located in the heart of the Khumbu region at 6,189 m. If you are seeking the thrill of adventure and wish to widen your experience towards the 6000 m plus peak climbing, this is the mountain for you.
Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.Sir Martin Convay
- Destination: Nepal
- Location: Everest Region
- Departure: Kathmandu
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 27.9242° N, 86.9373° E
- Highest Altitude: 6,189 m/20,300 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Lukla with flights to Kathmandu
- Dates: 11 – 28 April 2019, On request
- Duration: 18 Days
- Months: April-May, September-October
- Level: Strenuous
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Island peak summit stands adjacent to one of the world’s largest ice walls and offers stunning views of Ama Dablam and the pyramid of Makalu. An arduous climb to the top but its worth it as from the top one has the best panoramic views in the world with Lhotse, Nuptse, Baruntse, Ama Dablam and Makalu almost touching the tip of your nose. Descending with a sagacity of accomplishment, our route takes us into many cultural sites, such as Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa village; Tengboche, famous for its ornately decorated Tibetan monasteries and Khumjung with Hillary school inside the clouds and mysterious Yeti scalp.
Enjoy the climb to this beautiful yet challenging 6,000 m peak.
- Day 1 / Arrive in Kathmandu (1,360 m/4,462 ft). Pick up from the airport.
- Day 2 / Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding (2,650 m/9,248 ft): 10 km/5-6 hrs
- Day 3 / Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,500 m/11,480 ft): 8 km/7-8 hrs
- Day 4 / Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar.
- Day 5 / Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867 m/12,687 ft): 12 km/6 hrs
- Day 6 / Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410 m/14,470 ft): 12 km/6 hrs
- Day 7 / Trek to Chhukung (4,730 m/15,518 ft): 8 km/4 hrs.
- We head towards Chukung. On the way you will be trained to use the implements like the ice axes and climbing boot, and demonstrate moving up and down on ropes. Stay overnight at Chukung.
- Day 8 / Acclimatization day: Trek to Chukung Ri (5,550 m/18,208 ft) or its base camp
- Day 9 / Trek to Island Peak base camp (4,970 m/16,306 ft): 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 10 / Trek to Island Peak high camp (5,600 m/18,373 ft): 4-5 hrs
- Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 11 & 12 / Summit Day (6,187 m/20,300 ft): 9-12 hrs
- Today is our big day as we summit the Island Peak. Using the climbing equipments, skills and expertise we pass through glaciers and tough trail to reach the top of Island peak. After spending some time on the top and enjoying the panoramic views of mountains around us move downwards to Chukung village. Stay overnight at Chukung Village.
- Day 13 / Chukung to Tengboche: 13 km/5-6 hrs
- Day 14 / Tengboche to Namche Bazaar: 6 km/2-3 hrs
- Day 15 / Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 15 km/6-7 hrs
- Day 16 / Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla
- Day 17 / Buffer day in case of bad weather.
- Day 18 / Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport pick-up and drops - international and domestic.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast or similar.
- Flight From Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu only 15 kg luggage alllowed. (10 kg rucksack & 5 kg day pack).
- Lodge accommodation & full board meals throughout the trek.
- 16 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners included chosen from lodge menu.
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permits)
- Climbing permit fee.
- First Aid kits for the staffs and the groups.
- Services co-ordination of emergency and rescue operations.
- Government taxes & office service charge.
- Meals not mentioned in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
- Airfare including flight to Lukla and back.
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverages and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses.
- Battery charge, hot showers & international phone calls.
- Any item not mentioned in Inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then