Island Peak Climb
Island Peak is 6,189 meters high and one of the most popular and busy trekking peaks in Nepal, also known as Imja Tse, lies in the Khumbu Himalayan range. Island Peak takes its name from its appearance due to its striking resemblance to an island on a sea of ice. It is located in the heart of the Khumbu region at 6,189 m. If you are seeking the thrill of adventure and wish to widen your experience towards the 6000 m plus peak climbing, this is the mountain for you.
Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.Sir Martin Convay
- Destination: Nepal
- Location: Everest Region
- Departure: Kathmandu
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 27.9242° N, 86.9373° E
- Highest Altitude: 6,189 m/20,300 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Lukla with flights to Kathmandu
- Dates: 11 – 28 April 2019, On request
- Duration: 18 Days
- Months: April-May, September-October
- Level: Strenuous
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Island peak summit stands adjacent to one of the world’s largest ice walls and offers stunning views of Ama Dablam and the pyramid of Makalu. An arduous climb to the top but its worth it as from the top one has the best panoramic views in the world with Lhotse, Nuptse, Baruntse, Ama Dablam and Makalu almost touching the tip of your nose. Descending with a sagacity of accomplishment, our route takes us into many cultural sites, such as Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa village; Tengboche, famous for its ornately decorated Tibetan monasteries and Khumjung with Hillary school inside the clouds and mysterious Yeti scalp.
Enjoy the climb to this beautiful yet challenging 6,000 m peak.
- Day 1 / Arrive in Kathmandu (1,360 m/4,462 ft). Pick up from the airport.
- Day 2 / Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding (2,650 m/9,248 ft): 10 km/5-6 hrs
- Day 3 / Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,500 m/11,480 ft): 8 km/7-8 hrs
- Day 4 / Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar.
- Day 5 / Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867 m/12,687 ft): 12 km/6 hrs
- Day 6 / Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410 m/14,470 ft): 12 km/6 hrs
- Day 7 / Trek to Chhukung (4,730 m/15,518 ft): 8 km/4 hrs.
- We head towards Chukung. On the way you will be trained to use the implements like the ice axes and climbing boot, and demonstrate moving up and down on ropes. Stay overnight at Chukung.
- Day 8 / Acclimatization day: Trek to Chukung Ri (5,550 m/18,208 ft) or its base camp
- Day 9 / Trek to Island Peak base camp (4,970 m/16,306 ft): 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 10 / Trek to Island Peak high camp (5,600 m/18,373 ft): 4-5 hrs
- Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 11 & 12 / Summit Day (6,187 m/20,300 ft): 9-12 hrs
- Today is our big day as we summit the Island Peak. Using the climbing equipments, skills and expertise we pass through glaciers and tough trail to reach the top of Island peak. After spending some time on the top and enjoying the panoramic views of mountains around us move downwards to Chukung village. Stay overnight at Chukung Village.
- Day 13 / Chukung to Tengboche: 13 km/5-6 hrs
- Day 14 / Tengboche to Namche Bazaar: 6 km/2-3 hrs
- Day 15 / Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 15 km/6-7 hrs
- Day 16 / Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla
- Day 17 / Buffer day in case of bad weather.
- Day 18 / Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport pick-up and drops - international and domestic.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation (Twin-share) in Kathmandu with breakfast or similar.
- Flight From Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu only 15 kg luggage alllowed. (10 kg rucksack & 5 kg day pack).
- Lodge accommodation & full board meals (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) throughout the trek with one item from the menu for each meal.
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek.
- Permits: Peak Permit as per season, National Park and Khumjung Entry Fee (pp copy & photo) .
- Climbing permit fee. Climbing Sherpa: upto 4pax-ONE, upto 8pax-TWO and upto 10pax-THREE.
- An experienced and registered trekking guide from Kathmandu.
- If group size is 8 or 10 then we will provide one assistant guide from Lukla.
- Porters for carrying one rucksack of Max 10 Kgs per head during the trek (2 guest one porter)
- First Aid kits for the staffs and the groups.
- Services co-ordination of emergency and rescue operations.
- Meals not mentioned in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
- Travel Insurance for rescue operation (Per hour USD$ 2500 for helicopter Charter flight).
- Airfare including flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back.
- Lukla – Kathmandu helicopter charges on sharing basis USD$ 550 per person (If bad weather).
- Single supplement fee INR 2850 per single room (only in Kathmandu) .
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- Bar bills, Extra drinks (mineral water, beer, coke & Chocalate etc),
- Any sightseeing tour or city transfer and odd trekker’s fees like 3 or 5 etc.
- Personal nature of expenses, personal trekking gears (Jacket & Sleeping bag).
- Battery charge, hot showers & international phone calls.
- Extra night accommodation if earlier return from trekking by any reason.
- Extra cost occur by any reason which is not in our control such as strike, landslide and accident etc.
- Tips for trekking staffs (Aprox INR 500 per day per trekker) and other things which is not included above.
- Any item not mentioned in Inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then