Ladakh Experience (Women only)
So many experiences. So many stories to tell. That’s what Ladakh is. The land of high passes is blessed with natural beauty any other place in the world would envy. In ancient times it was an important outpost in the important silk route trade. Much of that richness esp. in culture and heritage is still very much reflective in the present day Ladakh. Not much else needs to be said about Ladakh. A surreal landscape vastly different from anything imaginable. Though so much has been talked and written about it that most people have an idea of the place, yet nothing can prepare you for what to expect the moment the door of the aircraft opens and this land opens its arms to you.
Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.Anonymous
- Destination: Leh – Ladakh
- Nearest City (Airport): Leh, New Delhi
- Dates: 13-20 Aug On request
- Months: Throughout the year
- Level: Easy to Strenuous
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Our women-only Ladakh experience is exciting, yet leisurely paced with ample time to relax, and just let loose with a group of adventurous women travelling together. Gear up for outdoor adventures, such as hiking, biking and camping or spend time exploring the charm and sights of Buddhist monasteries. Learn to cook tasty local meals or discover alternative health regimens like meditation and Reiki. Discover the ancient Tibetan art of Thangka or have fun supporting a good cause at the colorful Donkey Sanctuary. This active vacation is designed for all women. So, come alone or bring along a friend, a sister, your daughter or your mother.
Following is a sample itinerary that can be customized to suit your requirements and interests and also include popular Ladakhi cultural festivals.
Come join us to experience the surreal.
- Day 1 / Leh
- Arrive in Leh and check in to the hotel. The afternoon is free to relax and acclimatize to the altitude. Later in the day, visit Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa, and walk around local markets. Overnight at Leh.
- Day 2 / In & around Leh: Thiksey - Hemis - Shey
- Spend the day exploring the Buddhist heritage of Ladakh. Drive to the 500-year-old Thiksey Monastery to witness morning prayers of the monks - a timeless sight. Afterwards, visit the colourful Hemis Monastery, the largest in Ladakh. From here take a short walk to the ancient capital of Ladakh, Shey, while meeting local people on the way. Drive to Magnetic Hill to unravel the unique phenomenon. Return to Leh for the night.
- Day 3 / Nubra Valley
- Drive over the Khardung La pass (5,602 m), the highest motorable road in the world before descending into the Nubra Valley, on the old silk trade route. Head to visit the 15th century monastery in Diskit, and then see the magnificent Matriya Buddha statue. Overnight at a camp in Nubra Valley.
- Day 4 / Leh
- Drive back to Leh. On the way, enjoy a ride on the rare double-humped camel amidst the white cold desert sand, and explore the remote village life. Overnight at Leh.
- Day 5 / Stok
- Revel in a full day excursion to Stok village. Drive first to Stok Palace, the official residence of the king and queen of Ladakh. Then, drive to the newly built Buddha statue to see mesmerising views of Stok village. After a scrumptious traditional lunch, try your hand on cooking local dishes, and dressing up in colourful Ladakhi costumes. Enjoy a homestay at Stok or return to Leh for the night.
- Day 6 / Pangong Tso
- Head out from Leh to Pangong Tso, a crystal clear blue lake sprawling over an area of 100 km across India and China. Spend the day soaking up the stunning views, breathing in the fresh mountain air, and relax. Overnight at camp in Pangong Tso.
- Day 7 / Leh
- Return to Leh. Rest of the day is free with options to explore the ancient Tibetan art of Thangka Painting at CIBS Institute, or take a rejuvenating Tibetan massage, try yoga or mediation class, or relax around town and maybe do some shopping for souvenirs. Overnight at Leh.
- Day 8 / Departure
- End this memorable trip with smiles and see you laters! Check out of hotel and transfer to the airport.
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, sleeping bag, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent, hot water bottles, gas heater (when needed).
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers.
- High comfort/luxury trek facilities including stay at camps.
- Meals during the treks or expeditions while camping.
- Air Fares.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any cost of personal nature.
- Service tax.
- Items not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then