Manali-Leh-Ladakh Motorcycle Ride
A bike ride to Leh-Ladakh by any means is not an easy one since most parts of the road are at altitudes of 13,000 feet and above in the Himalayas. In addition, the number of miles one can cover in a day depends on the road and weather conditions and the few places one can stay enroute. This is where we step in with our experience so you can call your motorbike ride to Ladakh as the “Ride of My Life”. The spontaneous flow of our motorcycle tours are a judicious mix of adventure and stillness, while giving you in-depth knowledge of the historical importance of the landscape and culture you are passing through.
- Destination: Leh – Ladakh
- Nearest City (Airport): Leh, New Delhi
- Departure: Manali
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year
- Level: Easy to Strenuous
- Support: Available
- Price: On request
- Day 1 / Manali
- Reach Manali. After transfer from bus stand, directly to hotel. You will be shown the bikes today and you can do test rides. Simultaneously some maintenance and servicing will be carried by the crew before the bike tour starts. Rest you can go for a sightseeing tour by car. Visit the 16th century Hadimba Temple, the Hot springs at Vashisht and even speculate anout the life and times Old Manali - the hippy enclave. But the lure of the playing fields of the Solang Valley. Naggar 28 km from the Manali, a picturesque tiny village set on a hill, Naggar is the starting points for the treks over the Chandrakhani pass. Overnight stay at Manali.
- Day 2 / Manali – Sarchu (200 km)
- Today we start our journey to Leh stopping at Sarchu for a night. Today we cross Rohtang Pass (3978 m), Keylong (3350 m), Baralacha Pass (4890m) with overnight stopover at Sarchu (4253 m), border of the states of Himachal Pradesh (Lahaul) and Jammu & Kashmir (Ladakh). On arrival in Sarchu we check in at our tented campsite for overnight stay
- Day 3 / Sarchu – Leh (250 km)
- Leave for Leh by early morning, through Nakeela and Lachangla Pass 16,617 ft. Lunch at Pang. After Lunch drive to Leh passing through Skyangchu Thang (Biggest and Highest Plateau on Earth on Stretch of 42 Kms), Tanglang La Pass 17,585ft and Indus Valley. Upon arrival in leh you’ll met by our representative and check in at our Hotel.
- Day 4 / Leh
- After an intense two day ride into Leh, it is advised to rest a bit. However, you could visit magnetic hills, Hall of fame, Shanti stupa, Thiksey Monastery, Alchi Choskor Monastery, Likir Monastery,Leh Royal Palace, and local Tibetan market evening will be at leisure. Overnight stay in Leh.
- Day 5 / Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley (120 km)
- After an early breakfast we drive to NUBRA VALLEY leads through KHARDUNG-LA-PASS (the highest motorable road in the world) at 18,390 ft, around 39kms from Leh. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldorma or the valley of flowers. It is situated to the North of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. Time permitting visit Panamik, Kyagar, Sumur, Samesthaling gompa. Overnight at the camp / resort.
- Day 6 / Nubra Valley - Pangong Tso (120 km)
- After an early breakfast we ride around Nubra valley. Visit the sand dunes and ride the double humped Bactrian camels. After that we take the road less traveled. This is not the usual route and will test your riding skills. Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m). A long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometer at its widest point and over 130km long, it is bisected by the international border between India and China. Enjoy the landscape in the back drop of the Lake. One rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable. Evening at leisure and overnight stay at the camp near lake.
- Day 7 / Pangong Tso – Leh (140 km)
- Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to leh enroute visiting Thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village & Shey, the ancient capital of Ladakh. Drive further to Leh and check in at our hotel for overnight stay.
- Day 8 / Leh - Departure
- Early morning transfer to Leh airport to take the flight for onward destination.
- Accommodation on twin sharing.
- MAP meal plan breakfast and dinner.
- Enfield Bullet 350 cc from Manali to Leh and further.
- Back up vehicle with driver and mechanic.
- Inner line Permit to restricted protected areas (Pangong, Nubra valley).
- Fuel for the bike.
- Wildlife fee for Pangong area.
- Monument & Museum Entrance Fees.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- The services of vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated).
- Guide fee, camera fee, soft or hard drinks, starters.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
- Service tax or GST.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in inclusions.
On a bike no one ever asks, are we there yet?.Stacy Westfall
Everyone knows that Ladakh is surreally beautiful. When explored on a bike feeling the cold winds on your face and discovering the place at your own pace it is an altogether different experience. The road trips to Leh from Manali is a treat and so is manoeuvring through the mountainous roads throughout Ladakh is once in a lifetime experience. Something one just cannot experience if one is flying down to Ladakh, or traveling in a closed vehicle.
It is needless to say that Ladakh is the Mecca of motorcycling. Come June and bikers from all across the world assemble to experience it.
As fellow passionate bikers we have put together a few trips with all the necessary support to explore the surreal Ladakh on a bike.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then