Mt. Yunam Climbing Expedition
Mt. Yunam is a non-technical peak for climbing. It is the highest peak in the Lahaul Valley near the Baralacha pass at 6150 m/20,178 ft. It offers spectacular views of Chandra Bhaga and Mulkilla range.
Climbing may be hard but it’s easier than growing up.Stewart M. Green
- Destination: Himachal Pradesh
- Location: Near Baralacha pass in Lahaul Valley
- Departure: Manali
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 32°49’1″N 77°24’17″E
- Highest Altitude: 6,150 m/20,178 ft.
- Nearest City (Airport): Bhuntar (Kullu)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Joginder Nagar
- Duration: 10D/9N
- Dates: On request
- Months: June to September
- Level: Difficult
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
- Day 1 / Manali
- Arrive in Manali and transfer to the hotel. (Overnight in hotel)
- Day 2 / Manali – Jispa (3,500 m/11,483 ft)
- In the morning after breakfast drive 130 km, 7 hours to Jispa. Today we will drive through the scenic Rohtang pass (3,970 m/13,025 ft). On arrival at Jispa, explore the camp till evening tea. After evening tea go for an acclimatization walk and back to camp. (Overnight tents)
- Day 3 / Jispa (3,500 m/11,483 ft)
- In the morning after breakfast acclimatization trek around the Jispa Valley. (Overnight in tents)
- Day 4 / Jispa – Bharatpur (4,500 m/14,764 ft)
- After breakfast drive 70 km, 3 hours to Bharatpur. After Jispa drive uphill to Baralacha Pass (4800 m/15,748 ft). Here you can see the origin of Sarchu, Chandra and Bhaga rivers and Mountain ranges. On arrival at Bharatpur set out camp, free till evening tea. After evening tea go for an acclimatization walk and back to camp. Overnight in tents.
- Day 5 - Day 6 / Bharatpur (4,500 m/14,764 ft)
- These two days will be utilized for proper acclimatization of climbers. Simultaneously, our highly qualified mountaineering instructors will give the participants a crash course in alpine style mountain climbing techniques and the intricacies of snow & ice-craft. Overnight in tents.
- Day 7 / Bharatpur Camp 1 (5,300 m/17,389 ft)
- After breakfast we will move for Camp 1. Reach camp 1 set out camp. After evening tea we will go for acclimatization walk. Overnight in tents.
- Day 8 / Camp 1-Summit (6,150 m/20,178 ft)
- After an early breakfast at around 02:00 am, we will start to climb towards the summit. After reaching the top we will descend to Camp 1 and base camp at Bharatpur. Overnight in tents.
- Day 9 / Bharatpur-Manali
- Today we will drive back to Manali. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 10 / Manali - Departure
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent.
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers and guides.
- High comfort/luxury trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages during the trek: Full board - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Transfers and transport during the trek.
- Accommodation in Manali with breakfast.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation, oxygen cylinder etc.
- Personal clothing - incl. jackets etc., sleeping bags.
- Climbing equipment such as snow boots, gaiters, crampons, ice axe etc. could be rented on request at an additional cost.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Any airfare.
- Any payment transaction cost or fee.
- Transport for sightseeing in and around Manali and in Himachal Pradesh.
- Any item not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then