Don’t send your kids to camp; go with them.
SUMMER CAMPS: OUTDOOR BASED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING PROGRAMS
We have grown up with a fair share of experiencing the nature up close. Be it going for picnics with school friends or with family, short hikes or treks, swimming in ponds and lakes, nature walks and camps, safaris, rock climbing or even climbing trees. 😀
These outdoor experiences have been shaped us as individuals as we learnt about nature, wildlife and conservation by going there in the outdoors, rather than learning about them through the Internet or on TV.
Wouldn’t it be great to experience it all over again? As parents and guardians, what could be better than doing it with the kids? Bonding with them and together experiencing the outdoors would help us and esp. the children to be respectful for nature, and conservation.
Keeping this in mind, Rustik Travel organizes parent-child experiential learning programs in the outdoors.
These programs are designed in line with Rustik Travel’s underlying philosophy of sustainability, and thus have the following objectives.
1. Learn various life skills that could be helpful in various aspects of our lives.
2. Create awareness about the environment and conservation.
3. Inculcate values so as to respect and preserve local culture.
The focus is on building various skills through various outdoor activities. Building soft skills such as Self Awareness, Positive Risk Taking, Goal Setting, Problem Solving, Team Building, Communication and more.
And learning various skills in the process such as first aid, camping, trekking, navigation, rock/wall climbing, rappelling, photography, knowledge about local flora & fauna, and more based on the program.
Our team consists of Adventurers, MBAs, Educators, Corporate Managers and Professionals passionate about the Outdoors.
We organize these programs throughout the year (on request). In summers (May-June), we have fixed camps in Bangalore, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Adventure Tour (Camp) in Manali at Jobdi (Alpine)
- Region: Meadows and Alpine area around Manali | Tour Duration: 6 Days/5 Nights | Learning outcomes: Developing soft and hard skills with adventure based activities | Activities: Trekking, rappelling, river crossing, camping, rafting and more... | Trek Grade: Moderate | Season: May-June
- Day 1 / Manali Base Camp (2,010 m/6,595 ft)
- Morning arrival: - Transfer to the base camp in Jobdi (2 hrs 3,000 m/9,843 ft). After breakfast and take some rest, then go for local explorations. Overnight stay at base camp.
- Day 2 / Jobdi
- Today enjoy the adventure activities like River crossing and know the skills useful in emergency case. Overnight stay at Jobdi campsite.
- Day 3 / Jobdi
- After breakfast today we start Rock Climbing and Rappelling session. Back to Base Camp for Lunch. After lunch group can go on short walk toward Sarotu. Nice view of snow covered peaks, small rivers and valleys. Back to camp. Overnight stay in base camp.
- Day 4 / Jobdi to Chika and back to Jobdi (3,078 m/10,100 ft) 5-6 hrs
- Trek from Jobdi to Chika and back 6 hour journey. With the mesmerizing views, walk along the River Rani amidst the rocky Himalayas. The forests are decorated with a variety of trees like oak, maple, deodar and the alpines. It is known for an amazing green alpine meadow. It is said to be that this place was belonged to the Mahabharata period as Pandavas spent a part of time in this region during their exile. After visiting Chika, back to Jobdi. Overnight in camp Jobdi.
- Day 5 / Jobdi to Sarotu (3400 m/111,55 ft) Full day
- The steep walk initially through the forest and meadow, the later part is alpine with snowy and rocky terrain and to Jobdi. Overnight stay in Jobdi camp.
- Day 6 / Jobdi to Babeli drive for Rafting (2.5 hrs) till Bashing (Devdham) ½ hrs
- After breakfast we drive to Babeli for rafting. Today we will have our packed lunch with us. After lunch drive back to Manali for onward journey.
- Transport for pick up and drop from Bus Station to Camp and to Bus Station. (for Man
- Accommodation in Tents on twin Sharing or on TRPL sharing on AP (all meals included).
- Services of experienced guides, Cook and helpers.
- Medical kit and first aid.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Personal expenses. Tickets to temples, monuments etc.
- Any airfare.
- Any payment transaction cost or fee.
- Any item not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then