Travel Fellowship Program
The cornerstone of our philosophy of Sustainable Experiential Travel is our engagement with the local communities. We believe that travel is a powerful tool for an individual to embrace the culture, art and truly understand the people in relation to their place. By living with the locals, learning their language and indulging in their daily activities, a person is able to transform to respect and love another human in their own authentic way of living. Through this travel fellowship, we wish to draw together people seeking to learn about diverse cultures, passionate about rural tourism and fascinated by indigenous communities.
One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time.
- Destination: Sikkim
- Nearest City (Airport): Gangtok, Bagdogra
- Dates: 1 – 30 May (30-Day Program), 20 – 30 May (10-Day Program)
- Months: Throughout the year
- Price/Details: On request
The travel fellowship program is aimed at creating a positive impact in the lives of the local people and the traveler. Through research and participation in workshops held by change-makers, the participants will gain knowledge and understanding of the culture and community activities of the state. This will help them in creating ideal solutions and introducing innovative ways to tackle grassroots problems faced by the community. This program is aimed to provide an experience of being a leisure traveler to a responsible traveler and thereby changing one’s perspective on life.
Who could join the program?
• Believes that s/he could make a difference.
• Loves to travel and have skill sets that could help the local communities.
• Passionate about learning and understanding different cultures, traditions and languages.
• Worked previously on any community projects or created models to help bring about social change.
Presently, we have two Fellowship Programs of different durations (10-Day and 1-Month Programs) in the state of Sikkim. Details given below in the itinerary.
Sikkim, “The Mountain Kingdom” boasts tall mountains and deep valleys thick with lush subtropical woodlands and rhododendron groves. This beautiful North-Eastern state has numerous gifts to offer every traveler. In spite of the different communities inhabiting the state, Lepchas, Bhutias and Nepalese, the people here live in peace and harmony. The Sikkimese are known for their ancient sport of archery which is played by wearing a traditional costume known as ‘Kho’. The local cuisine reflects the diverse culture of the state, which is a harmonious blend of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet and India. Sikkim has led the forefront of sustainable travel and is a 100% organic state free from plastics, chemicals and fertilisers.
In case you are interested, do write to us at email@example.com
- 10-Day Travel Fellowship Program / 20 – 30 May 2019
- We have curated a 10-Day Responsible travel program in South Sikkim. The activities are subject to change based on availability and number of enrolments. Program agenda that is split across the 10 days: (1) Introduction, basic orientation and village tour. (2) Participate in informal language class, work with the farmers various in agricultural tasks. (3) Learn to cook local cuisine. (4) Interact with community members, understand the local culture, tradition and eco-system. (5) Participate in workshop on making chemical free cleaners and disinfectants. (6) Cultural engagement local folk dance and music. (7) Free day to explore around the village. (8) Final reflection and depart.
- 1-Month Travel Fellowship Program / 1 - 30 May 2019
- Our One-Month program has four modules split across four weeks. The participants will be placed with a local family in south Sikkim village. The program structure enables them to experience the rural mountain living, learn sustainable practices, understand the local culture and tradition, indulge in farm-to-plate agricultural process, involve in conservation of natural resources and waste management techniques. Program agenda is as follows: (1) Orientation, Introduction and Rapport Building. (2) Earth Citizenship and being human- conscious evolution. (3) Agro-ecology, food and holistic health. (4) Community Projects - Seed Bank, Eco-Tourism, Waste Management, Kitchen Garden, Peer Learning system in Schools. (5) Final reflection.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then