Ziro Festival of Music
Music is an integral part of the North-East culture. So it is not surprising that a music festival is organized in Ziro, a remote but a beautiful part of Arunachal Pradesh. The Woodstock of India, Ziro festival of Music is back again this year with more punch and more music. For the music aficionados who haven’t been to Arunachal Pradesh and have not experienced the North East flavor and natural beauty, this is the perfect time to come. Attend the four-day music fiesta in the outdoors explore the beautiful countryside hiking, cycling and immersing yourself in the culture of the Apatani tribe. If this is not enough then follow it up exploring the scenic countryside, the mesmerizing Siang river and of course take the spiritual path to the beautiful Tawang monastery. We have put together an experience combining all of that.
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.Bob Marley
- Destination: Arunachal Pradesh
- Nearest City (Airport): Guwahati/Lilabari
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Guwahati/Naharlagun
- Dates: 28 Sep – 3 Oct
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Ziro Festival is widely known to be the one of the greatest outdoor festivals in India. Celebrated with much fervor and energy, it is also a wonderful opportunity to showcase the musical talent of the amazing artists of North-East India besides promoting tourism in the state.
The Ziro valley is home to Apatani tribe, one of the most friendly and hospitable people who, essentially, are agrarian in nature. The love of North-East Indian people and the people of Apatani tribe, in particular, for music is well-known. To give an expression to this natural inclination towards music and vent to their desire to have an organized event for the same, Ziro Festival was born in 2012.
The experience at the Ziro Festival of Music is definitely going to be electric. But experiencing music in the natural beauty and diversity, is a different experience altogether.
While the music concert starts in the late afternoon, during the day we have put together a plethora of activities to explore the beautiful countryside. With a guide there will be day hikes, cycling, visiting the villages of the Apatani tribe and more.
If you further want to explore Arunachal Pradesh, including a visit to Tawang monastery, we could organize it for you. Click here for sample itinerary.
You have now a reason in Ziro to visit this heaven on earth.
More about Ziro Festival of Music at http://zirofestival.com
- Day 1: 28th Sep: Thu / Guwahati
- Reach Guwahati. Take a train to Naharlagun or flight to Lilabari. Stay overnight at Naharlagun/Itanagar.
- Day 2: 29th Sep: Fri / Ziro
- After breakfast, drive from Naharlagun to Ziro. It’s a 4-5 hours drive depending on the road conditions. Reach Ziro, Check in to your lodge. Attend the music festival.
- Day 3: 30th Sep: Sat / Ziro
- After breakfast, head out on a hike. Visit Apatani villages. Come back in the afternoon for the music.
- Day 4: 1st Oct: Sun / Ziro
- After breakfast go for a short trek or cycle exploring the beautiful countryside. Attend the music festival in the evening.
- Day 5: 2nd Oct: Mon / Naharlagun
- Drive to Naharlagun. Take overnight train or flight to Guwahati.
- Day 6: 3rd Oct: Tue / Guwahati
- Depart from Guwahati to your destination.
- Accommodation in Ziro at homestay with meals.
- Transport (Xylo) from Naharlagun to Ziro to Naharlagun.
- All inner line permits.
- Guide for the day activities – hiking, cycling, village visits etc.
- Local Transportation to ZFM Ground and Back.
- Air Fares and train tickets.
- Festival tickets.
- Accommodation in Naharlagun and Guwahati.
- Meals unless specified.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature.
- Renting bicycles at an additional cost.
- Items not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then