Surya Prasad studied to be an engineer, but given a choice he would’ve preferred to be an archaeologist traveling around the world discovering historical sites and civilisations a la Indiana Jones. It is a passion has remained with him and has become a part of his prolific travels around the world. Inspite of visiting some 70 plus countries he is always eager to travel to new destinations and uncover some old civilisations.
He is a successful fintech entrepreneur and is totally passionate about Cross Fit.
In this episode titled “Rediscovering Ancient Civilisations in Asia & Europe with Surya Prasad” of the show Travel Conversations (TC) on The Rustik Travel Podcast we pack up our digging tools and don our Indiana Jones hat to follow Surya on his various trips and excavations to rediscover and maybe uncover some unknown ancient civilisations.
Podcast Summary: Rediscovering Ancient Civilisations in Asia & Europe with Surya Prasad
Hosts: Hemant Soreng & Rajesh Nair
Producer: Tanvi Jain
00:00:00-00:12:45: Intro. How the passion for history and travel start? Curiosity about ancient civilisation and culture. Architecture and structures.
– Lepakshi Temple
– Ajanta and Ellora Temple
– Visiting traveling for work. Visiting 70+ countries.
Italy – Rome: Roman Civilisation
– Roman Fora
– Vatican Museum: Sistine Chapel
– Movies: Roman Holiday, Da Vinci Code.
Greece: Greek Civilisation
– Meteora (Featured in James Bond movie – For your eyes only)
– Similarities between mythologies – Greek, Roman, Indian
– Greek Philosophy
– Jerusalem: Birthplace of three religions
– Biblical lands and stories. Crusades.
– The legend of Masada
– Petra (Nabataean Kingdom)
– From the museums – Louvre
– Mongol Empire
South East Asia: Cambodia
– Angkor Wat and other temples in Siem Reap, Cambodia
01:03:08 – 01:04:07: Conclusion and Outro