Egypt is mainly known for its ancient treasures and rich history, famous for its pyramids, pharaohs, mummies, and tombs, that flourished for thousands of years. However, there is more to it than just that. From surreal waters, golden sandy beaches, beautiful scuba diving sites in the Red Sea to remarkable architecture and natural therapies, Egypt has it all.
If, like me, you’re interested in history, Egypt is a place of wonders. It’s the land of many civilisations, including Greek, Roman, Christian, and Muslim.Michael Portillo
- Destination: Egypt
- Nearest City (Airport): Cairo
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 10D/9N (customisable on request)
- Months: October to April
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Egyptian experience starts from the capital city of Cairo visiting ancient antiquities, the museums to the gigantic Pyramids, statues – the wonders of the ancients, exploring the the ancient cities and towns of Luxor, Edfu, Aswan, Abu Simbel while cruising on the river Nile navigating to Sharm El Sheikh experiencing the golden beaches and world class scuba diving sites in the Red Sea.
This and more. Guaranteed to make you walk like an Egyptian 🙂
- ITINERARY 1: CLASSICAL EGYPTIAN EXPERIENCE WITH NILE CRUISE
- Day 1 / Cairo
- Arrival at Cairo International Airport. Reception by our representative and assistance with immigration procedures, visa and customs. Transfer to hotel and overnight.
- Day 2 / Cairo
- Breakfast. Departure for full day tour visiting the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, considered one of the world's wealthiest museums, has more than 250,000 pieces from different periods in the chronological order of Egyptian art where they observe the artistic taste changes over 3.000 years. Later, visit to the Pyramids (Cheops, Khafre and Menkaure), located in the necropolis of Giza, which are the great cover of Egypt, because they always come to mind when you mention the name of this country as well be considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world and the enigmatic Sphinx. Back to the hotel. Accommodation. Opportunity to attend the sound and light show at the Pyramids of Giza (optional and depends on the language scheduled for this day.)
- Day 3 / CAIRO/LUXOR
- Breakfast. Departure to Cairo International Airport to board a flight home to Luxor. Upon arrival reception, assistance and transfer to the pier to board the Nile cruise (5 * Deluxe) on full board on board buffet (excluding drinks). Boarding procedures. Accommodation. lunch. Disembarkation and transfer to the West Bank of Luxor to visit the Valley of the Kings (where the tomb of Tut-Ankh-Amun (the visit to this tomb is not included), the guide will give explanations of the tombs to be visited (3) out of them because you are not allowed entry, the beautiful Temple of Der el Bahari, dedicated to the funerary cult of Queen Hatshepsut, and the Statues of Memnon. back to the cruise. Dinner. Overnight on board. Overnight Luxor. Ability to attend the sound and light show at Karnak Temple (optional and depends on the language scheduled for this day.)
- Day 4 / LUXOR/EDFU
- Breakfast. Disembark and transfer to the Eastern shore of Luxor to visit the amazing Temples of Luxor and Karnak, dedicated to the worship of Almighty God of the New Empire "god Amun." Return to the cruise. Lunch. Sail to Edfu. Dinner. Night on board. Overnight in Edfu.
- Day 5 / EDFU/KOM OMBO/ASWAN
- Breakfast. Disembark and transfer carriage (calendar) to the Temple of "Horus" (represented by Falcon) God's Power was once partly covered by silt during the periodic flooding of the Nile River After completing the rescue and restoration work, We find one of the most beautiful temples of the Ptolemaic era in a state of exceptional preservation. Overview of Edfu. Return to the cruise. Sail to Kom-Ombo. Lunch. Landing and visit to the Temples of the Gods Sobek (crocodile) and Haroeris.. Return to the cruise. Sail to Aswan. Dinner. Night on board. Overnight in Aswan.
- Day 6 / ASWAN
- Breakfast. Disembark and transfer to visit the gigantic task of the modern era, built by the Egyptians, "Aswan High Dam" (considered the second largest in the world). Later visit the beautiful Temple of Philae, dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of Love the Goddess Isis. "Back to the cruise. Lunch. In the afternoon, disembark and ride Felucca (sailboat) on the Nile, seen Panoramic Botanical Garden, Elephantine Island and Agha Khan Mausoleum. back to the cruise. Dinner. Overnight on board. Overnight at Aswan. Ability to attend the sound and light show at Philae Temple (optional and depends on the language set to this day).
- Day 7 / ASWAN / CAIRO
- Breakfast. Early morning transfer to visit to Abu Simbel by car (where two majestic temples and impressive Temple of Ramses II (the most interesting temple is the sanctuary, where there are four statues, one of Ramses II, each year produces lighting the sanctuary with the entry of the sun only twice a year (October 23 and February 23, commemorating the birth and the appointment of Ramses II) and the Temple of Nefertari (another great temple of Ramses II's wife and the Goddess Hathor). Transfer to Aswan by car to Airport to board a flight home to El Cairo. Arrival at Cairo, reception, and assistance by our representative and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Cairo.
- Day 8 / CAIRO
- Breakfast. Departure for full day tour starting at the necropolis of Saqqara, where we visit the set of King Zoser, the Mastaba, and the Pyramid of Teti. Later we visit the Citadel of Saladin with its military architecture and the Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali, the most spectacular around Cairo with the influences of Rococo and Romanticism to the Coptic Quarter Buoyant Church Basilica structure, its symbolic ancient pulpit, and their ancient frescoes. You can see the church of St. Sergius that served as shelter for the Holy Family when he fled from Herod. It ends with a stroll through the medieval town of Khan el Khalili Bazaar and its great traditional crafts of Egypt. Back to the hotel. Accommodation.
- Day 9 / CAIRO / AIRPORT
- Breakfast. At the appointed time, transfer to Cairo International Airport to depart for next destination. Assistance by our representative for departure.
- ITINERARY 2: ANCIENT EGYPTIAN EXPERIENCE
- Day 1 / Day of the Pyramids: Cairo
- Marhaba in the Land of Mummies and Pyramids. take a bus and head straight to the three pyramids at Giza to fulfil your lifelong dream. Get awed by the great sphinx, the iconic head of a pharaoh with a lion's body. Try walking around these pyramids to get a feel of the scale of this beautiful structure. Overnight stay in Cairo.
- Day 2 / Egyptian Museum and Coptic Cairo/Luxor
- Begin the day with a visit to the best place to know everything about Egypt - The Egyptian Museum. Here get familiar with the famous Tutankhamun treasures as well as other 120,000 fascinating artefacts. After having loaded yourself with info on Egyptian art and culture, take time to explore the Historic Cairo and the coptic Christian quarters of this bustling city and get amazed by the hustle and bustle of activity in there. Go shopping at the most famous Khan el-Khalili market and get spoilt for choice of items to admire and get blown away by. In the evening, we explore the Cairo tower Overnight sleeper train to Luxor.
- Day 3 / Ancient Thebes: Luxor
- Welcome to Luxor, the world's largest open-air museum, Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak, 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. Waste no time to explore the colossal complex of Karnak and Luxor temples. Stop for drink at one of the many Nile side cafes and tea houses. Tonight, we may choose to visit the Temple of Luxor at night. The temple is magically illuminated by a thousand coloured lights at night fall, book and pay locally. Stay in East Bank, Luxor.
- Day 4 / Valley of the Kings: Luxor/Aswan
- Today, we explore the west bank, home to the valley of the kings (especially the most famous tomb of boy-King Tutankhamen), the temple of Hatshepshut (one of only three Egyptian ruling queens) and the Colossi of Memnon. Overnight sleeper coach to Aswan.
- Day 5 / Meet the Nubians: Aswan
- Head to Aswan high dam, Philae temple and cover the tomb of the nobles. Spend the rest of your day chilling out with the Nubians, an ethnic group from southern Egypt and northern Sudan, who settled along the Nile River mixed with the Egyptians during the Pharaonic era creating a fascinating new culture. Take the path less traveled and explore their life in the Elephantine Island and walk like a Nubian. and even, talk like them. End you day with a Nubian dinner. Overnight stay in Aswan.
- Day 6 / Felucca Sailing to Abu Simbel: Aswan/Cairo
- Climb aboard a traditional felucca sailboat ( not a cruise!! ) and go on an adventure to the twin massive rock-cut temples at the Nubian Village of Abu Simbel. Carved in the 13th century BC, they serve as a lasting monument to the Pharaoh Rameses II and his queen Nefertari, and commemorate his victory at the Battle of Kadesh. Sail like a Nubian and return to Aswan to spend the evening at Leisure. Overnight Sleep Coach to Cairo.
- Days 7 to 10 / Sharm El Sheikh - The Pearl of the Red Sea
- Take a day out to hike up the Mount Sinai and be the Moses for the day to receive the 11th commandment from God. Share it around and feel like the saviour. A day trip to Ras Mohammad National Park and explore the coral reef and the wreck of SS Thistlegorm. Enjoy the beaches and relax while reminiscing about the adventure Egypt provided. Overnight stay in Cairo.
- Other options from Cairo / One Day tour to El Fayoum ( valley of the whales ) | Western desert One Day tour to Alexandria
- Other alternative for the Red Sea experience
- Explore the beautiful Hurghada for two days. Take an overnight coach from Luxor to reach here. Of course, you will miss God's commandments waiting for you at Mt. Sinai.
- Accommodation including breakfast.
- Nile cruise.
- Visit as per itinerary in public/private vehicle.
- Domestic flight/train/bus/cruise tickets.
- Transfer in/out.
- Private guide services during the visits.
- Visa entry Egypt.
- Tips for all service 15 USD per person per day.
- Any meals not mentioned above.
- All items of a personal nature such as laundry and drinks and all other services not mentioned under inclusions above.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then