BR Hills Getaway
The wilderness camp is located in this unique reserve that acts as an ecological bridge between the Western and Eastern Ghats. The campsite here is replete with its tented cottages and log huts offering a serene wildlife experience deep inside the forest. One may encounter elephants, tigers, leopards, spotted deer, sambar and barking deer at close quarters, along with the Indian Gaur. You could visit the Biligiriranganna Temple, go on a jeep safari of just chill on the hammock soaking it up the ambience and sounds of the forest.
One State. Many Worlds.Karnataka
- Destination: K Gudi, Biligiri Ranganna Hills (B R Hills)
- Nearest City (Airport): Bengaluru (235 km), Coimbatore (135 km)
- Distance: Mysore (85 km), Bengaluru (200 km)
- Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year. It gets cold during the night.
- Activities: Nature Trails, Wildlife Safari, Bird-Watching.
- Duration: On request. From over night stay to any number of days depending on your requirement.
- Dates: On request
- Price: On request
Where to Stay
Rustik Travel has partnered with resorts, lodges, camps, hotels and home stays that follow all the protocols laid out by Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism. We recommend only these trusted places to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable stay.
Further, you could avail of a discount as a Rustik Travel customer here.
Contact us for details.
- Day 1 / 12:30 PM
- Check in. Revel in the beauty and the crisp air of BR Hills.
- Day 1 / 01:30 PM – 02:30 PM
- Lunch. After all those winding roads, there’s nothing like delicious food to recharge your low energy levels.
- Day 1 / 03:30 PM
- Prepare for your jungle adventure. But first, a cup of tea or coffee.
- Day 1 / 04:00 PM – 06:30 PM
- Our naturalists take you in the jeep to the jungle. Along the ups and downs of the forest paths, encounter gaur families, herds of elephants, bears, or a leopard perched on a tree.?
- Day 1 / 06:45 PM
- Learn about the laws of the jungle through others’ experiences. A wildlife film show.
- Day 1 / 08:30 PM – 09:30 PM
- Campfire and dinner.
- Day 2 / 06:00 AM
- One can hardly call the song of hill mynas an alarm. But that’s what you wake up to. A cup of tea or coffee, perhaps, to perk you up?
- Day 2 / 06:30 AM – 08:30 AM
- Go forth once again, on yet another jeep ride into the depths of the jungle. You just might encounter a tiger or a sloth bear.
- Day 2 / 08:30 AM – 09:30 AM
- Day 2 / 11:00 AM
- Check out
1/ Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better.
2/ Wear comfortable walking shoes.
3/ Avoid smoking – anything can start a forest fire.
4/ You’ll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don’t forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc.
5/ Avoid plastics. We’re really trying to cut down on plastics.
COVID-19 – SOP for Partner Hotels And Resorts
All Rustik Travel partnered hotels and resorts have stepped up precautionary measures in preventing the spread of the Novel Corona virus ( COVID-19).
The safety of guests and employees are of paramount importance. The partners have committed that they will do everything that they can to ensure that the guests have a safe and pleasant stay.
Dos and Don’ts for the Guest
1. Do not step out of the room unnecessarily. Wear a mask whenever outside the room.
2. Guests are recommended to carry their own sanitizer and wet wipes for personal use.
3. Clothes should not be washed inside the room.
4. In case a balcony is shared with another room, please be on the side of your room and do not interact with the other room’s guests.
5. No visitors should be allowed in the rooms.
6. Doors should be kept closed and any contact with the doorknobs should be avoided by staff.
7. Kitchen and washing area entry must be prohibited for guests.
8. Always keep a safe distance of at least 2 m (6 feet) while you are at the property.
9. Wash your hands frequently with the soaps/sanitizers provided.
10. Put all bio-degradable disposable plates/cups/bottles after use in the garbage bag.
The following have been implemented in all our partner properties.
The staff have been briefed on the guidelines provided by the local health authorities. In terms of measures taken, Front desks are equipped with infrared thermometers to conduct temperature checks on all guests, when required. Staff and guests who are unwell with any symptoms of fever, flu or respiratory problems will be immediately provided access to medical assistance, and if so required, their fitness would be assessed by our consulting doctor.
Additional measures include staff briefings to reinforce the rules and practices of good personal hygiene, provision of masks and gloves for staff and guests, as well as hand sanitizers that are placed at guest contact areas such as hotel lobbies. Special attention has also been placed to sanitize public contact points such as reception counters, activities area and conference / meeting rooms. The cleaning of guest rooms has also been stepped up.
Daily meetings are conducted to review the situation; the property is in constant communication with staff and guests to keep them updated and to advise them on appropriate measures to take.
We remain vigilant and will work closely with the authorities for the health and safety of all stakeholders.
Thank you for choosing Rustik Travel and we look forward to welcoming you where ever you stay with us.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then