Goa with its bustling beaches along with its pristine ones is where everyone heads to when they need the beach therapy. But there’s more to Goa than the beaches. The confluence of cultures over the centuries with the arrival of the Portuguese and before that given birth to unique art & culture. The ever laid back and peaceful environment so infectious as it is reflected in the delicious local cuisine and the afternoon siestas. Goa is evergreen and has the amazing forest cover and wildlife, which is still off the usual tourist and therefore less crowded. So if you are headed to Goa, go beyond the beaches, explore the unexplored and soak in the local experience.
The best kind of therapy is Beach Therapy.Everybody
- Destination: Goa
- Nearest City (Airport): Dabolim
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Vasco da Gama
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year
- Level: Easy to Difficult
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The offbeat Goa experience brings together an eclectic mix of art, culture, food, nature, wildlife, adventure and sports.
While its difficult to stay away from the beaches, many of the activities will bring in the true authentic Goan flavour and you will rediscover Goa in its true self.
We are trying our best to curate these experiences. Some of those are here and rest we could curate or design on request.
Please write in to us to book or for details.
The warm and exotic waters of the Arabian Sea are one of the best places to scuba dive. In the waters, there is a great opportunity to experience an undersea of shipwrecks, coral and beautiful marine life.
There are many PADI certified dive sites in Goa.
A great place to learn to scuba dive, and for the experienced divers is an opportunity to further explore the unexplored in the deep blue waters.
Best time to dive: Oct – Apr
Kayaking in Goa is a great way to experience and explore the coast, rivers and backwaters of Goa.
Daily Kayaking trips are operated throughout the year, including the monsoons, in the most safe scenic rivers of Goa – the Zuari, the Mandovi, the Sal backwaters and the Nerul river.
Explore up and close the thick jungles/mangroves and explore pristine beaches without damaging the environment.
We wish to maintain the natural ecosystems, which you will find in the mangroves, mudflats, backwaters, coves and mini bays.
And, we strongly discourage touching, eating, smoking and the removal of shells/plants/orchids/flowers/twigs for souvenirs.
The best way to explore guy while experiencing the atmosphere, the smells and sounds is on a bicycle. The slow paced Goan life can be best matched with these rides on the bicycle.
There are many bicycle tours – short and long ones like the following:
Divar & Chorao Islands – Divar island is close to Old Goa and has some beautiful temples and Churches with historical value. Chorao island hosts the famous Salim Ali Bird sanctuary.
Fort Aguada – A great way to explore this fort. A bit challenging on the uphill but worth a ride.
Further many long rides can be curated based on request for example exploring North Goa, South Goa, beaches, Churches and more.
WALKS & TOURS: Discovering Art, Culture, Food and Traditions of Goa
Discover all these through multiple programs, walks, workshops, interactions that are organized on a regular basis with local experts who just live Goa. Some of these walks and experiences are:
1/ Food & Photography Tour
– Experience the local cuisine as you walk through the spices and curries, along with a viewing the Goan colors behind the lens, with some invaluable tips and lessons on how to shoot street photography the best way.
2/ Divar Island Tour
– Explore the old Churches and Temples in Divar island with a beautiful walk, as the expert guide delves into the history and culture around the structures.
3/ Old Goa Walk
– Trace the old main street of Old Goa, the Rua Direita, pass the House of Bulls and visit the Se Cathedral, Church of St. Francis.
4/ Fontainhas Walk
– This walk takes you through the old Latin Quarter of Panjim, an area of narrow streets and small squares full of character and interesting sights.
Further, we have a perfect itinerary to discover Goa living like a local in homestays across locations while exploring the three distinct parts of Goa – the beach, the backwaters and the hills.
SAMPLE ITINERARY: LIVE & TRAVEL LIKE A LOCAL
- Stay at 3 different homestays spread across this land of contrasts to experience it like never before. Visit the quiet fishing villages of Morjim where you can enjoy the serenity of the blue sea, taste the traditional meals of Goan cuisine and swim in clear waters of nearby beaches. We are all drawn to the twinkle of the sea, but when the basking hoi polloi become too much, run for the inlands. Take a ferry to Divar island, where the gaze is shifting towards green grassland, backwaters, historical churches & temples. Take another break from the humidity of the coast and head to Netravali to look over mountains, for a trek to waterfalls or to spend time chasing butterflies. Experience a stay across three unique geographical locales - the beach, the backwaters and the hills. A unique itinerary to explore the best of unseen Goa.
- PACKAGE DETAILS / FLEXIBLE DURATION
- This package is designed to allow guests to experience the best of Goa. Guests will get a chance to stay in a homestay near to the beach - Morjim, a homestay in a very traditional Goan neighbourhood - Divar Island and a homestay with a tribal community of Goa - in Netravali. Homestay details will be shared while the booking based on group size, trip duration and homestay availability. Authentic local food will be arranged upon prior notice.
- Homestay accommodation in Morjim, Divar and Netravali with one of the local families in each location. Sailing /Kayaking on the Chapora river. A guided visit to Terekhol fort, Aguada fort. Traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner. Village tour of Revora. Transport during sight seeing. Pick up & drop facility
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then