Goa with its bustling beaches along with its pristine ones is where everyone heads to when they need the beach therapy. But there’s more to Goa than the beaches. The confluence of cultures over the centuries with the arrival of the Portuguese and before that given birth to unique art & culture. The ever laid back and peaceful environment so infectious as it is reflected in the delicious local cuisine and the afternoon siestas. Goa is evergreen and has the amazing forest cover and wildlife, which is still off the usual tourist and therefore less crowded. So if you are headed to Goa, go beyond the beaches, explore the unexplored and soak in the local experience.
The best kind of therapy is Beach Therapy.Everybody
- Destination: Goa
- Nearest City (Airport): Dabolim
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Vasco da Gama
- Distance: Bengaluru (545 km), Pune (441 km), Mumbai (586 km)
- Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year
- Duration: On request. From at least two night stay to any number of days depending on your requirement.
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The offbeat Goa experience brings together an eclectic mix of art, culture, food, nature, wildlife, adventure and sports.
While its difficult to stay away from the beaches, many of the activities will bring in the true authentic Goan flavour and you will rediscover Goa in its true self.
We are trying our best to curate these experiences. Some of those are here and rest we could curate or design on request.
Please write in to us to book or for details.
The warm and exotic waters of the Arabian Sea are one of the best places to scuba dive. In the waters, there is a great opportunity to experience an undersea of shipwrecks, coral and beautiful marine life.
There are many PADI certified dive sites in Goa.
A great place to learn to scuba dive, and for the experienced divers is an opportunity to further explore the unexplored in the deep blue waters.
Best time to dive: Oct – Apr
Kayaking in Goa is a great way to experience and explore the coast, rivers and backwaters of Goa.
Daily Kayaking trips are operated throughout the year, including the monsoons, in the most safe scenic rivers of Goa – the Zuari, the Mandovi, the Sal backwaters and the Nerul river.
Explore up and close the thick jungles/mangroves and explore pristine beaches without damaging the environment.
We wish to maintain the natural ecosystems, which you will find in the mangroves, mudflats, backwaters, coves and mini bays.
And, we strongly discourage touching, eating, smoking and the removal of shells/plants/orchids/flowers/twigs for souvenirs.
The best way to explore guy while experiencing the atmosphere, the smells and sounds is on a bicycle. The slow paced Goan life can be best matched with these rides on the bicycle.
There are many bicycle tours – short and long ones like the following:
Divar & Chorao Islands – Divar island is close to Old Goa and has some beautiful temples and Churches with historical value. Chorao island hosts the famous Salim Ali Bird sanctuary.
Fort Aguada – A great way to explore this fort. A bit challenging on the uphill but worth a ride.
Further many long rides can be curated based on request for example exploring North Goa, South Goa, beaches, Churches and more.
WALKS & TOURS: Discovering Art, Culture, Food and Traditions of Goa
Discover all these through multiple programs, walks, workshops, interactions that are organized on a regular basis with local experts who just live Goa. Some of these walks and experiences are:
1/ Food & Photography Tour
– Experience the local cuisine as you walk through the spices and curries, along with a viewing the Goan colors behind the lens, with some invaluable tips and lessons on how to shoot street photography the best way.
2/ Divar Island Tour
– Explore the old Churches and Temples in Divar island with a beautiful walk, as the expert guide delves into the history and culture around the structures.
3/ Old Goa Walk
– Trace the old main street of Old Goa, the Rua Direita, pass the House of Bulls and visit the Se Cathedral, Church of St. Francis.
4/ Fontainhas Walk
– This walk takes you through the old Latin Quarter of Panjim, an area of narrow streets and small squares full of character and interesting sights.
Further, we have a perfect itinerary to discover Goa living like a local in homestays across locations while exploring the three distinct parts of Goa – the beach, the backwaters and the hills.
Where to Stay
Rustik Travel has partnered with resorts, lodges, camps, hotels and home stays that follow all the protocols laid out by Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism. We recommend only these trusted places to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable stay.
Further, you could avail of a discount as a Rustik Travel customer here.
Contact us for details.
SAMPLE ITINERARY: LIVE & TRAVEL LIKE A LOCAL
- Stay at 3 different homestays spread across this land of contrasts to experience it like never before. Visit the quiet fishing villages of Morjim where you can enjoy the serenity of the blue sea, taste the traditional meals of Goan cuisine and swim in clear waters of nearby beaches. We are all drawn to the twinkle of the sea, but when the basking hoi polloi become too much, run for the inlands. Take a ferry to Divar island, where the gaze is shifting towards green grassland, backwaters, historical churches & temples. Take another break from the humidity of the coast and head to Netravali to look over mountains, for a trek to waterfalls or to spend time chasing butterflies. Experience a stay across three unique geographical locales - the beach, the backwaters and the hills. A unique itinerary to explore the best of unseen Goa.
- PACKAGE DETAILS / FLEXIBLE DURATION
- This package is designed to allow guests to experience the best of Goa. Guests will get a chance to stay in a homestay near to the beach - Morjim, a homestay in a very traditional Goan neighbourhood - Divar Island and a homestay with a tribal community of Goa - in Netravali. Homestay details will be shared while the booking based on group size, trip duration and homestay availability. Authentic local food will be arranged upon prior notice.
- Homestay accommodation in Morjim, Divar and Netravali with one of the local families in each location. Sailing /Kayaking on the Chapora river. A guided visit to Terekhol fort, Aguada fort. Traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner. Village tour of Revora. Transport during sight seeing. Pick up & drop facility
COVID-19 – SOP for Partner Hotels And Resorts
All Rustik Travel partnered hotels and resorts have stepped up precautionary measures in preventing the spread of the Novel Corona virus ( COVID-19).
The safety of guests and employees are of paramount importance. The partners have committed that they will do everything that they can to ensure that the guests have a safe and pleasant stay.
Please go through the various guidelines issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India and the State Govt..
Dos and Don’ts for the Guest
1. Do not step out of the room unnecessarily. Wear a mask whenever outside the room.
2. Guests are recommended to carry their own sanitizer and wet wipes for personal use.
3. Clothes should not be washed inside the room.
4. In case a balcony is shared with another room, please be on the side of your room and do not interact with the other room’s guests.
5. No visitors should be allowed in the rooms.
6. Doors should be kept closed and any contact with the doorknobs should be avoided by staff.
7. Kitchen and washing area entry must be prohibited for guests.
8. Always keep a safe distance of at least 2 m (6 feet) while you are at the property.
9. Wash your hands frequently with the soaps/sanitizers provided.
10. Put all bio-degradable disposable plates/cups/bottles after use in the garbage bag.
The following have been implemented in all our partner properties.
The staff have been briefed on the guidelines provided by the local health authorities. In terms of measures taken, Front desks are equipped with infrared thermometers to conduct temperature checks on all guests, when required. Staff and guests who are unwell with any symptoms of fever, flu or respiratory problems will be immediately provided access to medical assistance, and if so required, their fitness would be assessed by our consulting doctor.
Additional measures include staff briefings to reinforce the rules and practices of good personal hygiene, provision of masks and gloves for staff and guests, as well as hand sanitizers that are placed at guest contact areas such as hotel lobbies. Special attention has also been placed to sanitize public contact points such as reception counters, activities area and conference / meeting rooms. The cleaning of guest rooms has also been stepped up.
Daily meetings are conducted to review the situation; the property is in constant communication with staff and guests to keep them updated and to advise them on appropriate measures to take.
We remain vigilant and will work closely with the authorities for the health and safety of all stakeholders.
Thank you for choosing Rustik Travel and we look forward to welcoming you where ever you stay with us.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then