This place is perched on the spur of a hill in the ancient coastal town of Gokarna. This temple town is believed to be the site where Lord Shiva emerged from the ear of a cow and lies at the confluence of Aghanashini and Gangavalli rivers. Explore the shrines, relax on the beach, visit the mirjan fortand the world famous rock formations at Yana or opt for a trek through the forested hills. Not far away is the estuary inviting the intrepid traveler to explore the amazing mangrove forests and wetland birds at close quarters. Get lured by the bewitching sea and much more.
One State. Many Worlds.Karnataka
- Destination: Gokarna
- Nearest City (Airport): Dabolim (155 km)
- Distance: Bengaluru (490 km), Mangaluru (235 km), Madgaon (160 km)
- Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year.
- Activities: Beach visit, Temple visit, Nature trail.
- Places to visit: Mahabaleshwar Temple, Maha Ganapati Temple, and Om Beach are the major crowd-pullers. Relax and enjoy the thrilling water sports like banana boat ride, snorkelling, and parasailing in the shimmering blue water of Gokarna.
- Duration: On request. From at least three days to any number of days depending on your requirement.
- Dates: On request
- Price: On request
Where to Stay
Rustik Travel has partnered with resorts, lodges, camps, hotels and home stays that follow all the protocols laid out by Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism. We recommend only these trusted places to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable stay.
Further, you could avail of a discount as a Rustik Travel customer here.
Contact us for details.
- Day 1 / Goa Airport to Gokarna (155 km/3.5 hrs)
- Day 2 / In and around Gokarna
- Explore the Gokarna town (with its markets and temples) and the beaches - Gokarna beach, Kudle beach, Om beach, Half Moon beach and Paradise beach. Spend time in the beach chilling, indulging in yoga, water sports and sunrise/sunset photography.
- Day 3 / Visit Murdeshwar (78 km/1.5-2 hrs)
- You could plan half a day visit to Murdeshwar that has very nice beaches and a Shiva Temple. Rest of the day spend in Gokarna.
- Day 4 / Depart. Gokarna to Goa Airport (155 km/3.5 hrs)
1/ Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better.
2/ Wear comfortable walking shoes.
3/ Avoid smoking – anything can start a forest fire.
4/ You’ll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don’t forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc.
5/ Avoid plastics. We’re really trying to cut down on plastics.
COVID-19 – SOP for Partner Hotels And Resorts
All Rustik Travel partnered hotels and resorts have stepped up precautionary measures in preventing the spread of the Novel Corona virus ( COVID-19).
The safety of guests and employees are of paramount importance. The partners have committed that they will do everything that they can to ensure that the guests have a safe and pleasant stay.
Dos and Don’ts for the Guest
1. Do not step out of the room unnecessarily. Wear a mask whenever outside the room.
2. Guests are recommended to carry their own sanitizer and wet wipes for personal use.
3. Clothes should not be washed inside the room.
4. In case a balcony is shared with another room, please be on the side of your room and do not interact with the other room’s guests.
5. No visitors should be allowed in the rooms.
6. Doors should be kept closed and any contact with the doorknobs should be avoided by staff.
7. Kitchen and washing area entry must be prohibited for guests.
8. Always keep a safe distance of at least 2 m (6 feet) while you are at the property.
9. Wash your hands frequently with the soaps/sanitizers provided.
10. Put all bio-degradable disposable plates/cups/bottles after use in the garbage bag.
The following have been implemented in all our partner properties.
The staff have been briefed on the guidelines provided by the local health authorities. In terms of measures taken, Front desks are equipped with infrared thermometers to conduct temperature checks on all guests, when required. Staff and guests who are unwell with any symptoms of fever, flu or respiratory problems will be immediately provided access to medical assistance, and if so required, their fitness would be assessed by our consulting doctor.
Additional measures include staff briefings to reinforce the rules and practices of good personal hygiene, provision of masks and gloves for staff and guests, as well as hand sanitizers that are placed at guest contact areas such as hotel lobbies. Special attention has also been placed to sanitize public contact points such as reception counters, activities area and conference / meeting rooms. The cleaning of guest rooms has also been stepped up.
Daily meetings are conducted to review the situation; the property is in constant communication with staff and guests to keep them updated and to advise them on appropriate measures to take.
We remain vigilant and will work closely with the authorities for the health and safety of all stakeholders.
Thank you for choosing Rustik Travel and we look forward to welcoming you where ever you stay with us.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then