Kochi Village Backwater Tour
The popular backwaters of Kerala is a 900 km. long water world spread across the state. It comprises of 44 rivers, 34 lakes and innumerable canals. From large houseboats to smaller country boats and kayaks, there are a host of options available here. And no visit to Kerala, is complete without a cruise on these famous backwaters.
A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view, no one to tells us no or where to go, or say we’re only dreaming.Peabo Bryson & Vegina Belle
- Destination: Kerala
- Location: Kochi
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 9.9700° N, 76.2800° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Cochin International Airport
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Ernakulum Railway Station
- Duration: 4.5 hrs. (9:00 AM to 1:30 PM OR 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM)
- Dates: On request
- Level: Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request *Subject to availability and bookings.
The Village Backwater Tour is a lot different from the main commercial backwaters. It is a sustainable and environment friendly way of exploring the backwaters. A traditional country boat is used for the cruise which is punted using a bamboo pole. Since there is no motorised engines involved this results in zero pollution of the water body and no noise which ensures the cruise is in harmony with the surrounding environment. These tours are organized in the quieter and lesser known backwater stretches of Kochi.
Dangle your feet in the cool water as you boat cruises through the inner reaches, and you go below the charming coconut tree bridges. You will cruise past farmers working on their land, some of them managing their aquaculture farms. You will pass by local villagers, as they ferry their produce or groceries from the mainland in their personal boats. The backwaters are a haven for water birds and a bird lover’s paradise. Your guide will help you understand the medicinal properties of many of the plants and trees that grow alongside. The toddy tappers and coconut climbers, can be spotted pacing up and down the trees going about their daily chores.
Off shore spend time with one of the families that lives on the island village. If you wish you can join the hostess in her kitchen as she prepares an elaborate meal for you, using the freshest of produce – fish from the backwaters and greens from their backyard. After lunch you can relax and soak in the peace and calm of your surroundings.
- Guide fees
- Country boat cruise charges
- All applicable taxes.
- Food & Beverages: Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian lunch (as per preference)
- Bottled drinking water (one per person)
- Transportation: Transportation, if required, can be arranged at an extra cost.
- Any expense that is not mentioned in the Inclusions list, will have to be paid at actuals directly by the guests.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then