Russia the world’s largest country is a true riddle waiting to be solved by the true traveler. It is part of two continents and borders two oceans - Arctic and Pacific. The landscape ranges from tundra and forests to subtropical beaches. It has it all from historic cities, beautiful countryside socialist and czarist legacy to art, literature, great train rides and vodka fueled nights. Get ready to be beguiled by the beauty of its arts and the quixotic nature of its people.
Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.Winston Churchill
- Destination: Russia
- Departure: St. Petersburg
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year (except winters)
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
We would explore this huge country from Moscow, St. Petersburg, to the cities in The Golden Ring Region. We would take the refreshing train ride and soak in the scenic countryside. We would attempt to walk in the footsteps of the great literary giants – Tolstoy and Pushkin. We would study the byzantine architecture, experience the culture, relish the cuisine and imbibe the enthusiastic spirit.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn put it best when he talked about Russia’s ‘ancient, deeply rooted autonomous culture…full of riddles and surprises to Western thinking’.
- Day 1 / St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg is Russia's second largest city after Moscow. Formerly known as Leningrad, the city was the location for one of the bloodiest battles fought during the World War II also known as the Siege of Leningrad. It is the most westernised city of Russia and its cultural capital as well. It is also the home to The Hermitage, one of the largest art museums in the world. You will be picked up from the airport and transferred to the hotel.
- Day 2 / St. Petersburg
- Today, we will start the city tour walking with the guide. Its a pleasure exploring this city walking with the help of the guide who will be accompanying us. The walking tour will take around 4 hours. After lunch we will explore The Hermitage along with a guide for around 2.5 hours.
- Day 3 / St. Petersburg
- Tour to Petergoff with guide (Palace and Park) by public transport. The place has the Peterhof Palace, which is a series of palaces and gardens. Sometimes also referred as the "Russian Versailles" because of the palaces and gardens. Alternately, you could head out for a tour of Pushkin and Pavlosk. The town of Pushkin (formerly Tsarskoye Selo) lies just outside St. Petersburg and has a marvelous ensemble of palaces and parks. It is particularly famous for its impressive baroque Catherine Palace, where Empress Catherine the Great lived and died. You could also visit the Amber Room, which is a world-famous chamber decorated in amber panels backed with gold leaf and mirrors, located in the Catherine Palace. After the above tour, you could spend the evening watching a perfomance in Opera and Ballet Theatre or Russian Folk Show (optional). Thereafter, you would be transferred to train station for an overnight train to Moscow.
- Day 4 / Moscow-Suzdal
- From the Moscow station you'll be transferred to Suzdal. Suzdal is one of the oldest Russian towns. It is often referred to as an open-air museum for the amount of old buildings that have been preserved and the lack of industrialisation. Several sights are protected by UNESCO as the White Stone Monuments of Vladimir and Suzdal. Highlights include the Spaso-Yefimiev Monastery, which is now a museum, and the museums of the kremlin. In addition there are another four monasteries in the city. The day will be spent touring the city with guide (Kremlin, Museum of Wooden Architecture, Pokrovsky Monastery) for around 3 hours.
- Day 5 / Vladimir
- In the morning, you will have sometime for walking around the town and shopping for some souvenirs. Thereafter, you will be transferred to Vladimir. Vladimir was one of the medieval capitals of Russia. The town has some magnificent buildings from the 12th century. Two of its Russian Orthodox cathedrals, a monastery, and associated buildings have been designated as among the White Monuments of Vladimir and Suzdal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today you will have a city tour with guide (Golden Gate, Uspensky Cathedral, Christal museum, the Old Tower) for around 2 hours. In the evening you will be transferred to Moscow.
- Day 6 / Moscow
- You will have a tour of the city with guide by car or minibus. The tour will last for 6 hours. After that, you have the entire evening free to explore the happening places of Moscow.
- Day 7 / Moscow
- The Moscow Kremlin, referred to as the Kremlin, is a fortified complex at the heart of Moscow, overlooking the Moskva River to the south, Saint Basil's Cathedral and Red Square to the east, and the Alexander Garden to the west. Today you will be exploring the Kremlin and armoury along with a guide. The tour will last for around 5 hours. After the tour, if you have time you could walk around this beautiful city or you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels with breakfast.
- Tour with guide services.
- Entry tickets to museums, palaces etc.
- City transfers and train tickets (2nd class).
- Airport transfers.
- Airfare and visa fees.
- Meals and beverages other than mentioned.
- Cost for programs that are mentioned as optional.
- Service tax and any other taxes levied.
- Items not included in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then