Spituk – Stok Trek
Spituk - Stok treks gives a taste of a typical Ladakh experience. This trek starts from Leh and takes you past the mighty Indus river across dry arid landscape to a beautiful mustard meadow at Rumbak, to crossing a high altitude pass at Stok La at the base of Stok Kangri, a 20,000 ft. peak popular for climbing, and finally heading back to Leh via Stok village giving you a rustic flavour as well.
I was no longer following a trail. I was learning to follow myself.Aspen Matis
- Destination: Ladakh
- Location: Stok Village
- Departure: Leh
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 33.9861° N, 77.4425° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Leh
- Months: July – September
- Dates: On request
- Level: Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Spituk to Stok trek is a Classic trek, starting by crossing bridge and then walking towards the Zinchen Gorge. On the way one might spot Snow Leopard signs along the valley bottom of the side valleys if you are trekking during winter or early spring/fall.
- Day 1 / Leh to Spituk to Zingchen (3400 m/11,161 ft) to Rumbak Camp (3860 m/12,660 ft)
- We drive to Spituk, the starting point of our trek. The path to Zingchen is actually a flat terrain, an under constructed road, dry and dusty. It will be a bit hot so pack accordingly. Along the way there is an amazing panoramic view of the overpowering mountains, the mighty Indus river and the green patch, Leh as seen from that distance. There will be highs and lows while walking from Zingchen to Rumbak, with opportunities for bouldering as we walk along. The campsite is actually on a meadow. However, around 50-75 m above the campsite is the real meadow, with bright yellow mustard flowers blooming in the green grass surrounded by multi colored mountains and valleys. It is indeed a beautiful sight.
- Day 2 / Rumbak camp to Stok La base (4270 m/14,014 ft)
- Today will be an easy trek yet again. The path is pretty flat but we will gain altitude gradually. We will cross the quaint Rumbak village and further pass through the serene meadows and grasslands as we reached the Stok La base. (Stok La means mountain pass for Stok. La is the Ladakhi word for pass).
- Day 3 / Stok La base to Mankarmo (4380 m/14,375 ft)
- Today will be a long and tough trek. As soon as we leave the campsite we will continuously climb the steep mountain all the way up to Stok La at an incredible 4900 m and then descend down to 4380 m at Mankarmo campsite.
- Day 4 / Mankarmo to Stok Village to Leh
- Today we will hike to Stok village and then drive back to Leh.
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, sleeping bag, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent, hot water bottles, gas heater (when needed),
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers and guides.
- Comfortable trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature.
- Accommodation in Leh. Could be organised on request.
- Goods & Service tax.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then