Thailand Diving Experience
Thailand has many options for snorkeling and scuba diving. One could go to the crystal clear waters of the Andaman sea in Phuket or one could go to the beautiful Islands of Koh Samui and Koh Tao and dive in the Gulf of Thailand. Throughout the year there are multiple options available for various water sports and specifically snorkelling and diving.
The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.Robert Wyland
- Destination: Thailand
- Nearest City (Airport): Bangkok, Surat Thani
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Surat Thani
- Co-ordinates: 9.5120° N, 100.0136° E
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Instructor: Available
- Price: On request
Its an absolute delight to be snorkeling or diving in Thailand with so many options. One could go to the crystal clear waters of the Andaman sea in Phuket or one could go to the beautiful Islands of Koh Samui and Koh Tao and dive in the Gulf of Thailand, which is the hub of diving there. So throughout the year there are multiple options available for various water sports and specifically snorkelling and diving.
In this experience we will be focussing on Koh Samui and Koh Tao.
Ko Samui is Thailand’s second largest island and lies in the Gulf of Thailand off the east coast of the Kra Isthmus. Its has picturesque palm-fringed beaches, coconut groves and dense, mountainous rainforest, plus luxury resorts and posh spas. There’s 12m-tall golden Big Buddha statue at Wat Phra Yai Temple is located on a tiny island connected to Ko Samui by a causeway.
So if one is not diving there plenty to see and do, or just chill on the beautiful beach.
Thailand is a great place to snorkel and discover scuba diving. You don’t have to be a pro to dive. Qualified and experienced divers would give you an orientation and introduction to diving. They would further accompany you under water where they would guide and help you dive to be close enough to kiss the fish ☺.
However, if you want to get one step further, you could get certified. PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) offers certification courses to train divers so that they could become more proficient and qualified while diving. We could help you there as well.
We have designed the itinerary for people who are new to diving to diving. Therefore, you could just come to snorkel and take a “fun dive”, or take a PADI certification if you are ready for it, or just dive with us if you already have one.
- Itinerary: Koh Samui - Koh Tao Diving (5D/4N)
- We will be snorkeling and diving in the Gulf of Thailand and staying in the picturesque islands of Koh Samui/Koh Tao.
- Day 1 / Bangkok Airport - Koh Samui
- Arrive in Bangkok. Fly to Surat Thani. Transfer in ferry from Surat Thani to Koh Samui.
- Day 2 / Koh Samui
- Day at leisure in Koh Samui. Hit the beaches and take it easy. (Optional: You could have an additional day of snorkeling or diving today)
- Day 3 / Koh Samui - Koh Tao Dive Trip
- Head out at 7:00 am for a diving/snorkeling trip. It takes around 90 minutes to reach Koh Tao by speedboat. After a day of fun dive we will be back by 3:00 pm. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 4 / Koh Samui: Ang Thong National Marine Park
- Ang Thong National Marine Park. Take in the gorgeous panorama of this marine park on an island hopping tour. Made up of 42 islands, Ang Thong National Park is known for its incredible biodiversity. Swim in the park's clear waters, photograph the lush islands rising out of the sea, and opt to snorkel if the tide is right.
- Day 5 / Koh Samui - Bangkok Airport
- Hotel Accommodation twin-sharing (3-star beach resort) with Breakfast. Single supplement will be additional. Additional dive or snorkel day trip could be arranged on request.
- A 2-dive day trip includes free transfers to and from the hotel from most part of the island (or with a nominal fee from the West and South part of the island), equipment, insurance, light breakfast, full lunch, unlimited soft drink + water, small group (4 same level certified divers: 1 diving instructor) (2 beginner divers for 1 dive instructor), snorkelling guide, free photos.
- Ferry transfers from and to Surat Thani. Can be arranged on request for additional cost.
- Trip to Ang Thong National Marine Park. Can be arranged on request.
- Any airfare or train fare.
- Any tips or gratuity.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then