The Garden of Eden in India is indeed the Andaman Islands, with the garden under water. Andaman Islands, an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal comprises of 300 islands known for palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves and tropical rainforests. It is a hot spot of marine life supported by the beautiful coral reefs. It is an ideal place to discover and learn scuba diving and commune with the rich marine life under water.
Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.Vanessa Paradis
- Destination: Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Nearest City (Airport): Port Blair
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year except during the monsoons
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Andaman islands for long has been the jewel in the Bay of Bengal. With history, pristine beaches, marine life, culture and more these islands have been a popular destination for travellers. Further with clear water and rich marine bio diversity lately it has become a paradise for scuba divers from across the globe.
The essential Andamans experience includes exploring this island esp, the capital city of Port Blair known for its massive cellular jail that housed many a Indian freedom fighters in the past. This is followed by shacking out in its pristine white-sand beaches in the island of Havelock – Radhanagar, Elephanta.
If Havelock island was not enough then there’s Neil island with its beautiful Bharatpur and Laxmanpur beaches, along with the natural coral bridge.
For an offbeat Andamanese experience, one could also explore Baratang island. The trip takes one through the dense forests and the Jarawa tribal reserve.
For the ocean lovers, the Andaman waters provides a great opportunity to see beautiful and abundant marine life up and close. It’s a great place to snorkel and discover scuba diving. You don’t have to be a pro to dive. Qualified and experienced divers would give you an orientation and introduction to diving. They would further accompany you under water where they would guide and help you dive to be close enough to kiss the fish ☺.
We have designed a few sample itineraries (customizable) for you to explore the Andaman Islands. For those who are specifically looking for scuba diving, we have a customized itinerary for you. For people new to diving, you could just come to snorkel and take a “fun dive”, or take a PADI certification if you are ready for it, or just dive with us if you already have one.
- ITINERARY 1 (SCUBA DIVING BASED): 6D/5N or 7D/6N (CUSTOMIZABLE): 1st - 7th Feb
- This itinerary is designed for travellers interested in diving. For those who are new to diving, you could just come to snorkel and take a “fun dive”, or take a PADI certification if you are ready for it, or just dive with us if you already have one. However, if you want to get one step further, you could get certified. PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) offers certification courses to train divers so that they could become more proficient and qualified while diving. We could help you there as well. Andamans has many PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) approved site. We will be diving in and around Havelock and maybe go to some offbeat and less crowded sites as well like the Neil island and more.
- Day 1: 1 Feb, Sat / Port Blair
- Arrival at Port Blair. Airport pick up and check into a hotel. Later in the afternoon visit Cellular jail followed by light and sound show. The Cellular Jail has a pride of place in India’s freedom struggle. Declared a national memorial, this three-storey prison constructed by the British in 1906, is a pilgrimage destination for freedom fighters. This colossal edifice has mutely witnessed the most treacherous of inhumane atrocities borne by the convicts, who were mostly freedom fighters. The day draws to a gentle close with the Sound and Light Show at the historic Cellular Jail, which gives you a vivid experience of its strong association with the freedom fighters and their struggle for independence. Later in the evening dinner with the group and getting to know each other. Overnight at the Hotel in Port Blair.
- Day 2: 2 Feb, Sun / Havelock Island
- After the breakfast you will be transferred to the Jetty. Head to Havelock Island on board Cruise connecting the two islands! Havelock, about 54 kilometers northeast of Port Blair, the Island is a hidden jewel. After checking in at the resort, we will head for Radhanagar Beach (or Beach No. 7), the jewel in the crown of Havelock Island. Located on the western side of the island, it stands away from the cluster. The glorious white sand beach shot to global fame when Time magazine (in 2004) rated it as the finest in Asia. With lush tropical forest rising on a hill to one side, the draw of this white sand beach has steadily grown in the legion of avid beach buffs. The popularity of this beach has triggered cruises from across the Andaman Sea. Travelers cruise over a few days from Thailand to experience the magic of this beach in particular. A wide beach that runs over a few kilometers, Radhanagar is simply stunning. It lends itself to a variety of activities. Later in the evening you will meet the dive instructors. There will be a briefing session that will include a short video presentation on diving and we will complete the necessary paperwork required. Overnight at the resort in Havelock.
- Day 3: 3 Feb, Mon / Havelock Island: Orientation, Swimming and Snorkeling and Diving
- Early in the morning before breakfast, we would go out into the sea where an orientation would be given on the art of diving and an introduction to the diving equipment. We would have one dive along with the instructors. For those, who are a bit hesitant to dive they could snorkel. We will have breakfast on the boat. After coming back to the resort, we will have lunch and meet again for a short session (video presentation) and review. Rest of the afternoon, the evening is free to explore Havelock and its beaches.
- Day 4: 4 Feb, Tue / Havelock: Diving and Island Hopping
- Today we will go diving at the beach or away from the island. Depending on the weather conditions and approvals from the authorities we can plan one dive at a different island like Neil Island or any other (which is a bit offbeat and not commercialized yet ☺).
- Day 5: 5 Feb, Wed / Havelock Island to Port Blair (or visit to an offbeat island for diving for those opting for 7-Day Itinerary)
- Visit the Kalapathar beach and spend rest of the day at leisure enjoying white sand beaches. In the afternoon take the ferry and return to Port Blair. Our representative will meet you at Port Blair and drop you to your hotel for overnight stay.
- Day 6: 6 Feb, Thu / Departure (or ferry to Port Blair for those opting for 7-Day Itinerary)
- Day 7: 7 Feb, Fri / Departure (For those opting for 7-Day Itinerary)
- Transfer to the airport for the flight back home.
- ITINERARY 2 (ISLAND EXPLORATION): 7D/6N (CUSTOMIZABLE) / HIGHLIGHTS:
- Sunny, special and untainted, the World's Most Idyllic Islands are a great many miles of flawless white sand shorelines, marvelous coral gardens and purplish blue ponds. Break excursions to the India's most pure islands, the Andaman's. Give up the stresses and listen to waves all through and feel the impression of peace during this trip in Andaman. Visit to the three most visited islands in the Andaman archipelago Havelock, Neil island, Port Blair and Baratang Island. Explore the unmatched beauty of Andamans with islands most preferred travel experts. · Cellular Jail Light and Sound Show · Havelock Island – Radhanagar Beach · High Speed Catamaran to Havelock · Neil Beaches · Baratang Island
- Day 1 / Arrival at Port Blair/ Visit the Cellular Jail + witness the Light 'n Sound Show at Cellular Jail
- Fly in to Port Blair Airport. Our representative will meet and assist you at the Veer Savarkar Airport. Board the waiting vehicles, drive to your hotel and check in. First half of the day is at leisure. Later in the afternoon proceed for visit to Cellular Jail followed by light and sound show. The Cellular Jail has a pride of place in India’s freedom struggle. Many a stalwart were imprisoned here. Declared a national memorial, this three storey prison constructed by Britishers in 1906, is a pilgrimage destination for freedom fighters. This colossal edifice has mutely witnessed the most treacherous of inhumane atrocities borne by the convicts, who were mostly freedom fighters. The day draws to a gentle close with the Sound and Light Show at the historic Cellular Jail which gives you a vivid experience of its strong association with the freedom fighters and their struggle for independence. Overnight stay at respective Hotel / Resort at Port Blair.
- Day 2 / Port Blair to Havelock: Radhanagar Beach
- After picking up your pack breakfast get transfer to Phoenix Bay Harbor to catch a ferry to Havelock. The Island (often just called Havelock) is one of the most beautiful and largest islands of Ritchie's Archipelago and is a placid heaven like no other. Situated 57 km north east of the South Andamans with an area of 92 Sq.Kms she offers a breathe taking trail of nature expeditions. The island is primarily populated by Bengali settlers. This picturesque Island with beautiful sandy beaches and lush green forest is also rated as the seventh most beautiful island in the world. It hosts two of the world’s most renowned beach; Radhanagar Beach and Elephant Beach. The Island also has the biggest concentration of breath-taking diving and snorkeling sites, thus acting as a paradise to marine world explorers. On arrival proceed to selected hotel. Stay here overnight amongst sandy beach and lush green forest in a comfortable beach resort in Havelock.
- Day 3 / Excursion to Elephant beach
- Relax at Radhanagar beach or Embark on the most memorable snorkeling trip, just 40 min by Boat this beach offers snorkelers calm blue shallow waters and is the perfect spot for beginner snorkelers. The boat goes right up to the beach and it’s so easy to slip on your gear and just start snorkeling. It’s also a great place to just spend the day lying on the beach and relaxing. The beach is very scenic with fallen trees and white sand giving the photographer some interesting shots. The reef here starts very close to shore at a depth of about 1 meter. The large reef is mostly made up of hard coral and has plenty of marine life. Note: Exclusive of snorkeling equipment. Overnight stay at Havelock.
- Day 4 / Havelock Island to Neil Island
- We will check-out the resort as per the schedule timing which is generally in the morning 0900 hours. And then proceed to board the cruise back to Neil Island. Once you arrive in Neil you will meet our escorts outside the exit area, check-in to hotel, finish lunch and then rest and then proceed to Bharatpur Beach and Laxmanpur beach – is a secluded beach, lies 2 km north of Neil jetty. View the natural coral bridge and stay to view the mesmerizing sunset. Overnight stay in Neil Island. (While leaving from Port Blair to Havelock island probably you can leave your bigger luggage in port Blair , hotels in Port Blair provide clock room and take only two days cloths and necessary materials to Havelock island, by this way you can avoid the hassle of carrying it inside the harbor area , which is restricted place like the airport and do not have trolley facility).
- Day 5 / Neil Island to Port Blair
- After breakfast, return to Port Blair as per ferry timings advised. Upon return from Havelock Island, transfer to Hotel. Overnight stay at respective Hotel at Port Blair. (Note- Ferry timings is mentioned in the tickets – please report 45 minutes prior to departure with a valid photo id card, Ferry Operation is purely subjected to Govt. clearance).
- Day 6 / Baratang Island Excursion
- Depart to Baratang Island by road through the dense tropical forest and Jarawa Tribal reserve in a convoy. Often you might see a member of the Jarawa Tribe while passing through the tribal reserve. At the end of this forest journey you would reach Baratang jetty. Launch service is available to cross the sea bay. Enjoy the breathtaking fiber boat ride through a fascinating Mangrove drive, which leads to the start point of the trek to Lime stone caves. Trek through dense forest to reach the Limestone Cave. Made up of the mineral calcite (calcium carbonate) the cave contains beautiful cave formation. and Return back for overnight stay at respective hotel at Port Blair by the same route. Note : A Personal AC vehicle will be provided for your trip to Baratang Island. The trip starts early around 4:00 AM and passes through dense tropical forest to reach the Baratang Island.
- Day 7 / Departure
- Transfer to Airport and Departure.
- Cancellation Policy
- · If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees. · If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees. · If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees. · In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Airport transfers.
- All sightseeing by Private AC Vehicle in all the islands.
- Ferry ride to and from Havelock.
- Accommodation (twin sharing) with breakfast and dinner at a star rated hotel. Single supplement will be at an additional cost.
- Diving equipment and boat rides for diving and island hopping. Please note that visit to other islands for dives and lunch is subject to approvals from government authorities.
- Travel assistance by local Travel Experts in all the islands.
- Parking charges.
- All permits.
- Tickets (incl. camera charges) to monuments, buidings, museums etc.
- PADI/SSI Certification (would be additional based on the type of certification).
- Beverages (Non Alcoholic/Alcoholic).
- Guide Services.
- Personal expenses.
- Any Airfare.
- Vehicle not at disposal at any of the islands.
- Any item that is not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then