Beas Kund Trek
The trek to Beas Kund, the source of one of the important rivers in India is one of the beautiful hikes one could take in the Himalayas. It’s a moderate trek just right for beginners, families and children who want the taste of camping in the Himalayas, bask in the green meadows, touch the snowline and glaciers under the majestic snow capped peaks and soak in the surreal beauty of the lake, Beas Kund.
Some women want diamonds…others just want a hammock, a campfire, and some peace & quiet.Anonymous
- Destination: Himachal Pradesh
- Location: Beas Kund, Solang Valley
- Departure: Manali
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 32.3664° N, 77.0855° E
- Highest Altitude: 3,700 m/12,139 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Bhuntar (Kullu)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Joginder Nagar
- Duration: 4-5 days
- Dates: On request
- Months: April – May, Sep (3rd week) – Oct
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Trekking in Himachal Pradesh is another experience in itself.
While treks in Uttaranchal are known for their beautiful glaciers, Himachal treks are known for their unbroken greenery and vast valleys.
The terrain makes it easier to build roads deep into the Himalayas therefore it is easier to reach high altitude mountains in significantly lesser time.
Beas Kund is perfect for those who want a taste of Himalayas. This is an easy to moderate trek, just perfect for someone who loves hiking without straining themselves too much. This is one of the most scenic and beautiful treks in the Himalayas for sure and not crowded as well.
The trek starts from a place called Dhundi, which is about 25 km ahead of Manali. We trek up via Bhakartaj then to the source of Beas- Beas Kund and camp there soaking in the beauty of the place all around. The trek goes through untouched and unending green onto spectacular white offering up close views of peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Mt Laddakhi, and the Chandra Bhaga range. Not to forget the charming bars and bakeries in old Manali. Perfect for some post climb celebration.
From Manali to Manali this trek can be done in 4-5 days. To reach Manali add an overnight bus journey if you are from Delhi/Chandigarh or save time and fly in to Bhuntar airport in Kullu, just an hour away. Add another 2-3 hour flight if you are from Mumbai/ Bangalore or another city and you have an experience on your hands.. When combined with your weekend holidays, you need to take not more than 2-3 days off from your workplace for this beautiful experience.
- Day 1 / Manali (2,050 m/6,726 ft) to Solang Valley (2,350 m/7,710 ft): 10 km/5-6 hours
- The route (of around 10 km) is mainly flat through tarred and un-tarred roads, villages, through the apple orchards and marijuana fields (yes, you read that right). We would pass through Old Manali, Ghoshal, Shanag and Burwa villages.
- Day 2 / Solang Valley to Lohali (3,250 m/10,663 ft): 10 km/6 hours
- The road has been restricted to traffic as a 9 km tunnel is being built towards Rohtang pass, which when built will bypass at least 50 km or 2 hrs of drive time. We would pass through Dhundi and walk next to the might Beas river. The campsite is a meadow, which would typically have hundreds of sheep grazing.
- Day 3 / Lohali to Beas Kund (3,700 m/12,139 ft)
- The campsite is a green meadow close to the lake covered with a variety of colourful wildflowers. The entire campsite is surrounded with the snow-capped peaks from Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar range, which seems to be very near. Shitidhar and Friendship peaks are clearly visible.
- Day 4 / Beas Kund to Manali (2,050 m/6,726 ft): 14 km/6-7 hours
- We would dismantle the base camp and head for Solang from where we drive to Manali.
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, sleeping bag, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent, hot water bottles, gas heater (when needed),
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers.
- Comfortable trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages during the trek: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature, tips etc.
- Items not mentioned in the inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then