Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
Trek to Deo Tibba Base Camp is also know as the trail of the Pandavas. It is believed that the Pandavas once wandered around this path. The trek is itself is very pleasant that takes us to the grazing pastures of the Gaddi shepherds and the emerald blue waters of the Chandratal Lake (4,480 m/14,698 ft) with magnificent views of Deo Tibba peak (6,001 m/19,688 ft) and its huge hanging glaciers. This is a spectacular view that make makes the trek even more alluring.
When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.Anonymous
- Destination: Himachal Pradesh
- Location: Pir Panjal range of Manali region, Kullu Valley
- Departure: Manali
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 32.1975° N, 77.3825° E
- Highest Altitude: 4,480 m/14,698 ft.
- Nearest City (Airport): Bhuntar (Kullu)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Joginder Nagar
- Duration: 7D/6N
- Dates: 21 – 27 Sep, On request
- Months: April to Mid-November
- Level: Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
- Day 1 / Arrive in Manali and transfer to the hotel. (Overnight in hotel)
- Day 2 / Manali-Jagatsukh – Ad hydro project tunnel point - Chikka (3,350 m/10,990 ft). 5 km/3-4 hrs
- In the morning after breakfast drive 12 km to AD tunnel point and from here trek 3 km to Chikka. Set up the camp. Overnight in tents.
- Day 3 / Chikka - Seri (3,800 m/12,467 ft). 6 km/4-5 hrs
- Today we will gradually ascend 8 km from the valley, the trail continues to the scenic campsite at Seri. Overnight in tents.
- Day 4 / Seri – Chandratal-Deo Tibba Base (4,480 m/14,698 ft) – Seri. 10 km/6-7 hrs
- After breakfast trek over moraine to the small lake at Chandratal (Base of Deo Tibba Peak - 6001 m), the origin of the river Dhugan. After spending some time at the Lake, trace the path back to Seri. Overnight in tents.
- Day 5 / Seri – Chikka. 11 km/4-5 hrs
- Today we will trek up to Chikka. Overnight in tents.
- Day 6 / Chikka-Jagatsukh-Manali. 4-5 hrs
- Today we will descend to AD tunnel point from here we will drive to Jagatsukh village. In the evening we will visit heritage village Naggar. Overnight in hotel in Manali.
- Day 7 / Manali-Departure
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent.
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers and guides.
- Comfort/luxury trek facilities.
- Food & Beverages during the trek: Full board - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks).
- Transfers and transport during the trek.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation, oxygen cylinder etc.
- Personal clothing - incl. jackets etc., sleeping bags.
- Climbing equipment such as snow boots, gaiters, crampons, ice axe etc. could be rented on request at an additional cost.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Any airfare.
- Any payment transaction cost or fee.
- Transport for sightseeing in and around Manali and in Himachal Pradesh.
- Accommodation in Manali.
- Any item not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then