Dehna Village – Rustic & Rainy
Experience the rural & rustic life at Dehna, the home of the most hospitable village community is both rejuvenating and refreshing. Located at 130 km from Mumbai, Dehna falls in the highest rainfall region of Maharashtra. Embark on an adventure set in the midst of India’s heartland nature’s basket. Two days filled with an amazing blend of games, rural activities and rejuvenation, perfect for those looking for a holiday with a difference!
The soul of India lives in its villages.Mahatma Gandhi
- Destination: Maharashtra
- Location: Dehna Village (130 km from Mumbai)
- Departure: Mumbai (CST/Dadar)
- Nearest City (Airport): Mumbai
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Mumbai
- Duration: 1N/2D
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The soul of India does live in its villages and the rural countryside. What could be more exploratory and introspective than to live there, interact and eat with the locals, and perform the daily chores of a typical villager. The experience will not only help us understand the rural village life but also help the villagers understand us, that is, the people from the cities.
With the never-ending migration to the cities from villages, such kind of experience is aimed to help create sustainable livelihoods locally to help people stay back and work on improving the economy of the village and region, while experiencing the beauty of the place and the people.
- Day 1
- 10:30 Reach the village / Welcome, Freshen up. Guide introduction, Tent allotment/Breakfast | 11:00 Village Walk/ Rural Lifestyle Activities such as rice pounding, winnowing, chopping wood, spice grinding etc. | 13:00 Lunch | 15.30 Relax /soak in the river | 16.30 Tea / Biscuits | 17.00 Forest Walk | 19:00 Return / Freshen up. Bhakri making activity for women. Help the local women cook dinner and prepare a bhakri from scratch | 20:00 Dinner | 21:00 Night Walk (Optional) | 22:30 Lights Off.
- Day 2
- 06.00 Wakeup Call | 06:30 Trek to Mount Ajobagad – to visit the Valmiki Ashram (Optional) | 09:30 Breakfast | 10:00 Village Livelihood activities | 13:00 Lunch | 14:00 Depart for Mumbai.
- Vegetarian meals in Villager’s homes [Lunch to next day’s lunch].
- Services of Local Village Guides.
- Village activities as per itinerary.
- Filtered drinking water.
- All taxes.
- Transportation cost to reach the village.
- Any Personal Expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary.
Book or Personalize
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Price: On request
Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of duration, date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then