Skiing, Snowboarding and other Winter Sports
And to fly in the clear blue Himalayan sky against the pristine white snowy mountains is just heavenly. One doesn’t have to wait to be reborn as a bird. All one needs is a pair of skis and just wait for the winter to set in.
Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.Oprah Winfrey
- Destination: Gulmarg (State: Jammu & Kashmir, Nearest Airport: Srinagar), Solang Valley (State: Himachal Pradesh, Nearest Airport: Kullu), Auli & Dayara Bugyal (State: Uttarakhand, Nearest Airport: Dehradun)
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 5-7 days, On request
- Months: December – March
- Level: Easy to Difficult
- Children Friendly: Yes
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
India has been blessed with the Himalayas, which are just perfect for skiing and various other winter sports. While cricket is still the popular sport in India ☺, but lately with improved infrastructure, better facilities and trained instructors skiing is fast becoming a popular winter sports. This trend has led to opening up of many skiing locations. From Jammu & Kashmir in North-West to Arunachal Pradesh in North-East of India.
Based on your skill level beginner to advance, our ski instructors provide necessary guidance and training for the days you are with us. We design customized programs with the following elements an integral part.
Training: Certified and experienced ski instructors ensure that the training programs cater to someone who has never skied before to someone who wants to be proficient.
Safety: This is of utmost important esp. in the mountains. Our team is trained in First Aid and volunteer with local Search & Rescue team. The resorts where we are present have enough medical facilities to respond to accidents.
Experience: Our programs comprise of film nights, snow safety seminars, sightseeing and other activities to give a holistic experience to our skiers.
Stay-only: For those who are just accompanying the skiers these activities along with other less tasking snow activities such as joyrides, snowmobiling and more.
We also focus on other winter sports such as snowboarding.
Following are the various ski resort destinations we operate in.
JAMMU & KASHMIR
Kashmir is truly a paradise on earth. The serene beauty of Dal lake accentuated by the Himalayan Pir Panjal range in the background is the perfect setting for any skier. In this background, Gulmarg over the decades has become on of the most popular ski resorts in Asia. The resort has the highest gondola in the world which travels 3,950 m up Mt. Apharwat, where riders access the steepest terrain and deepest powder in the world. Everyone agrees that there is nothing like the unrestrained wilderness and beauty of Gulmarg.
The adjacent state of Himachal Pradesh has multiple ski resorts that are fast becoming popular.
A small hill-station 13 km from Shimla, gets active from November to February when the skiers land up to ride on the undulating snowy slopes of the ski resort.
This ski resort has multiple activities apart from skiing. The multiple slopes present are perfect for a beginner to a pro. The resort has a ropeway. In the summers the resort is popular for other sports such as paragliding, parachuting, skating and zorbing.
Auli has fast become a popular ski destination. Located some 250 km from Rishikesh, the resort is accessible through a ropeway from Joshimath, where most of the hotels are located. With beautiful snowy slopes, some of which are located at an altitude of 2500m to 3000m, this is a perfect place to spend a great ski holiday.
Located near Uttarkashi, Dayara Bugyal in summers is a popular trekking destination with abeautiful meadow on the top overlooking the beautiful and picturesque snow capped peaks of Bandarpunch, Kala Nag, Chidbasa-Kali Dhang, Srikanth, The Gangotri group -1, 2 & 3, Jaonli, Draupadi Danda, Khatling.
In winters, the meadows transform into snowy slopes perfect for skiing. An up and coming ski destination, Dayara Bugyal is fast becoming popular with a great place to experience the natural beauty and adventure of the place.
Itinerary for Beginners (Gulmarg)
- Day 1 / Srinagar Airport – Gulmarg (54 km/ 2 - 2.5 hrs approx.)
- Arrive at the hotel, acclimatize and prepare.
- Day 2 / Ski Training: Beginner’s Slope
- With the help of the ski instructor get an orientation of the equipment – skis, boots and poles. Learn the basic techniques – how to put on and carry skis, self-balancing, how to get up after falling. Practice in the slopes.
- Day 3 / Ski Training: Beginner’s Slope
- Practice speed control and correct use of edges.
- Day 4 / Ski Training: Beginner’s Slope
- Practice various techniques on the slope.
- Day 5 / Ski Training: Phase 1
- Ski in parallel and downhill and the instructor will take you through gondola ride with your skis. Today you will be skiing gondola 1st phase which is a 3 km run.
- Day 6 / Ski Training: Phase 12
- Practice skiing to the bottom in one fluid motion. Focus on control. You could try Gondola phase 2. You could also try other activities such as snowmobile.
- Day 7
- Check out from the hotel. Depart.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then