Gangaur Festival in Jaipur
Jaipur is known for its magnificent architecture and it is also the first planned city of India. The buildings here are made with pink-painted sandstone because of which it is popularly known as the Pink City. Jaipur's rich cultural heritage is evident in its traditions, customs, lifestyle, art and architecture. This city witnesses various fairs and festivals at different times of the year. Some of the festivals celebrated here are Gangaur festival, Jaipur Literature festival, Kite festival, Teej festival, Shitla Mata Fair, Chaksu Fair, Chhat ka Mela in Amber during Navratri. During the festive season this colourful city becomes even livelier and it is an enriching experience to be a part of all the celebrations.
Family traditions counter alienation and confusion. They help us define who we are; they provide something steady, reliable and safe in a confusing world.Susan Lieberman
- Destination: Rajasthan
- Location: Jaipur
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 26.9000° N, 75.8000° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Jaipur
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Jaipur
- Dates: 21 March – 8 April
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Gangaur festival is celebrated specially by married women and young unmarried girls. They make idols of God Ishar and Goddess Gangaur using the ashes from Holika (the fire that is lit a day before Holi). These idols are worshiped for 18 Days so that the young girls can be blessed with a good husband, while married women do so for a happy married life and the welfare, health and long life of their husbands.
- Day 1
- After breakfast, spend the first half of the day with the magnificent elephants. Under the guidance of the expert mahouts you will get to bathe and feed the elephants. If you wish you can also paint and decorate them. And how can your day be over without the much rewarding elephant ride. After lunch, be a part of heena / mehndi applying ritual. Taste some delicious traditional sweet - ghewar. Join the Gangaur festival celebrations in the evening. Stay at Heritage Hotel.
- Day 2
- After breakfast, explore Jaipur while cycling through the popular landmarks of the city like – City Palace, Hawa Mahal, and the famous Monkey temple or if you wish to go for sightseeing or Heritage walk you are free to do so. After lunch you can indulge in afternoon siesta. In the evening you will be a part of the concluding celebrations of the festival.
- Traditional Rajasthani welcome
- Accommodation at Heritage Hotel
- Visit to elephant camp
- Elephant Ride at Amber Fort
- Gangaur festival celebrations
- Heena / Mehndi
- Jaipur sightseeing/cycling/Heritage Walk (any one)
- Entry fee at all the monuments
- English speaking guide
- All Assistance
- Food & Beverages: Breakfast & Dinner at the hotel
- Transportation: AC CAR / Innova / Tempo Traveller
- Personal Expenses
- Camera Charges
- Phone Calls
- Service Tax
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then