Mewar Festival in Udaipur
Mewar Festival marks the advent of spring. This festival is an integral part of the culture and tradition of Udaipur. People all over Udaipur take part in this festival and celebrate it with much enthusiasm. The city is at its colourful best during this time.
Spring is nature’s way of saying let’s party!Robin Williams
- Destination: Rajasthan
- Location: Udaipur
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 24.5800° N, 73.6800° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Maharana Pratap Airport
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Udaipur City Railway Station
- Duration: 3D/2N
- Festival Dates: 27-29 March 2020
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Udaipur turns into a hub of cultural events as several activities such as dance, songs and cultural programs are organised during Mewar Festival. People dress the idols of Lord Vishnu and Gangaur – the goddess of marital happiness and conjugal bliss. The married women pray to the goddess for marital bliss and good health of their husbands whereas, the single girls pray for an earnest match of their choice. The idols are taken through the various parts of the city, while the women can be seen singing and dancing. As the procession reaches Lake Pichola, the idols are transferred on special boats
- Day 1
- Visit the famous Chaturmukha Jain Temple of Ranakpur. After lunch, go for a village tour and experience Rajasthani Village life in. Udaipur, while you Tea and snacks at the village. Interact with the villagers and learn about their culture and beliefs. Enjoy tea & snacks with the host family.
- Day 2
- Discover the rich culture and heritage of Udaipur by being a part of a Heritage walk. After lunch you can continue exploring Udaipur, you can either be a part of sightseeing group or if you are the more adventures kind you can opt to go cycling and ride through some of the important landmarks of Udaipur. End your day with a boat ride in Lake Pichola.
- Day 3
- Be a part of the ongoing Mewar festival. After lunch go for a Bazaar Walk and shop to your heart’s content.
- Ranakpur Temple visit
- Village Tour
- Udaipur sightseeing
- Mewar Festival
- Boat Ride in Pichola Lake
- Entry fee at all the monuments
- English speaking guide
- All assistance
- Food & Beverages: Tea & Snacks at the village, 2 Bottlles of mineral water daily.
- Transportation: AC car pick up and drop from a designated point at Udaipur
- Personal Expenses
- Camera Charges
- Hotel Accommodation
- Phone Calls
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then