Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Situated in the middle of Himalayan Range, Kashmir is the dream of every traveler. Its high mountains, deep valleys, numerous lakes, snow clad mountain peaks, thick forests and sparkling rivers attract trekkers from all over the world. It is an exclusive world famous destination that provides the opportunity to its trekkers to view some magnificent species of flora and fauna. The trail itself is so refreshing that despite trekking exertion, it takes all the mental pressure of the hectic life and life-style away. Kashmir Great Lakes expedition is one such trek that appeals trekkers worldwide.
Beauty of Kashmir can’t be compared by the whole world.Aqdas
- Destination: Kashmir
- Nearest City (Airport): Srinagar
- Best Time To Trek: June to October
- Duration: 7 Days
- Dates: On request
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is considered by far the best trekking one can experience. The Great Lakes Trek will lead you to turquoise lakes, via high altitude passes thru the breathtaking scenery of the Kashmir Himalayas.
Every year numerous trekkers ascend the high mountains of this trek. Famous for its enchanting views, Great Lakes trek is really the king of high trekking points. This trekking destination incorporates seven magnificent lakes, and standing at their shore is the most precious memory of every trekker.
All our guides are locals of Kashmir and therefore know the routes and the mountains like the back of one’s hand. The tour includes breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner on everyday.
- Day 1 / Srinagar to Naranag (2,250 m/7,382 ft): 18 km/45 min Drive Time | Naranag to Gangbal Lake (3,580 m/11,745 ft): 13.5 km/6-8 hrs
- Early morning after breakfast, we will drive from Srinagar to Naranag. We would then start climbing from Naranag (2,250 m/7,382 ft), and reach Gangbal Lake (3,580 m/11,745 ft). The Trek starts with a steep ascent until Butshree top (3,250 m/10,663 ft)) under dense tree line. Butshree offers a magnificent view of the surrounding mountains. After a brief rest, team would proceed towards Trunkol Meadow. This is from where one gets the first sight at Mount Haramukh - The fourth highest peak of Kashmir valley also the same mountain from which world’s second highest mountain "K2" was discovered during the great trigonometric survey in 1856. Team would Stop for lunch here and further proceed towards Gangbal valley. Overnight in tents.
- Day 2 / Gangbal Lake
- We would spend the day in Gangbal valley. This day would help the trekkers to acclimatize. We could also visit some more alpine lakes in the vicinity. Areas of interest: Fishing & Photography. Overnight in tents.
- Day 3 / Gangbal to Satsar Valley (3,610 m/11,840 ft): 6 km/4 hrs
- We would climb up to the Zajibal pass (4150m) and descend back from the other side to enter Satsaran valley. This valley carries 3 lakes in its lap. There are two more lakes in the vicinity, which can be visited. Overnight in tents.
- Day 4 / Satsar to Gadsar Valley (3,600 m/11,800 ft): 10 km/4-5 hrs
- We would pass through the meadows of Satsar, and enter Poshpathri “The meadow of Flowers”. Valley offers a scintillating view of the surrounding peaks and lush green meadows. Further the team would enter the Gadsar valley, one of the most beautiful places in this trek. This completes half of the journey. Overnight in tents at Gadsar valley.
- Day 5 / Gadsar to Vishansar (3,710 m/12,170 ft): 14.5 km/6-8 hrs
- We would visit Gadsar Lake I & II. And then Yemsar lake. Further climb up the Vishansar pass (4,250 m/13,944 ft) to enter the Vishansar valley, with spectacular view of the Vishansar and Kishansar lakes from the top. Team would camp near the lake. Overnight in tents.
- Day 6 / Vishansar Valley
- We would spend the day in Vishansar valley. The valley has two beautiful lakes - Vishansar and Kishansar, both full of trouts. Areas of interest: Fishing & Photography. Overnight in tents.
- Day 7 / Vishansar to Sonamarg (2,730 m/8,957 ft): 13 km/4-5 hrs | Drive to Srinagar: 80 km/2.5 hrs
- Soon after Breakfast, we would climb up the Nichnai pass (4,070 m/13,353 ft) and then start descending towards Sonamarg. On arriving at Sonamarg, drive to Srinagar.
- Trekking Charges for 7 days including Meals, Tent, Guide Charges, Pony charges, Permission.
- Transport (Innova AC or similar car) from Srinagar to the trek starting point and back.
- Fuel costs, driver’s allowance and stay, parking & toll charges.
- Airport transfers.
- Accommodation in Srinagar.
- Tickets (camera charges) to monuments, temples, parks etc.
- Guide Services.
- Personal expenses.
- Any airfare.
- Any item that is not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then