Nag Tibba Trek
Experience the adrenaline rush like never before while trekking through dense deodar forest, vast valleys, and enjoy the panoramic breathtaking close up view of snow covered Himalayas. Be a part of a historical Himalayan trek.
“Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travellers don’t know where they’re going.”Paul Theroux
- Destination: Uttarakhand
- Location: Nag Tibba
- Departure: Dehradun or Rishikesh
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 30.5864° N, 78.1511° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Jolly Grant (Dehradun)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Dehradun
- Dates: On request
- Level: Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Nag Tibba is one of the most unique and historical treks. The base for this trek is a place called Panthwari which is a 70 km drive from Dehradun via Mussourie. You will go through dense deodar forests to reach the base of Nag Tibba at Nag taal where you camp for the night. In the morning you will go to the summit of Nag Tibba and return to the base same day and on the third day return from the other side of the ridge via Pantwari.
During the trek you will find yourself at almost 10,000 ft which is the highest point in the lower Himalayas. You will be enchanted by a panoramic view of the snow covered Himalayas, including the Bandarpunch and Swargarohini range and even the Nanda Devi in the distance. Overnight stay with camping gear is recommended for trekkers because there is no accommodation at the place. The nearest accommodation is Devalsari guest house. A day trek is the other option, but is very arduous. An important thing to note is that water is scarce along the route and is usually carried by the trekkers.
The trek through Nag Tibba Range, finds mention in the book Seven Years in Tibet, which chronicles the journey of mountaineers, Heinrich Harrer, Peter Aufschnaiter in May 1944, towards Tibet.
In total, the trek lasts 4 days from Dehradun to Dehradun or from Rishikesh to Rishikesh.
- Day 1 / Arrive in Mussourie
- Walk down the Mall Road. Visit Landour to have a glimpse of Ruskin Bond's house. Overnight stay in Mussourie.
- Day 2 / Arrive in Pantwari (70 km, 2 hr drive from Mussourie). Trek to Nag Tibba Base (8 km, 3-4 hr. trek)
- This is a fairly short drive that from Mussourie and Kempty falls where you can stop over for some time. We setup camp in Pantwari for the night. You also cross numerous quaint Himalayan towns. We spend our first night at the base of Nag Tibba top close to Nag Taal. Expect dense forest throughout the trek, but in particular at the Nagtaal where we camp for the night. The trek is not very long but is a little steep most of the way. The idea is to enjoy the scenery and what the Himalayas have to offer instead of just walking.
- Day 3 / Trek to Nag Tibba top and return to the base (3 km, 2 hour trek going up, 2-3 hour trek coming down)
- We trek to Nag Tibba top which is the highest point in the lower Himalayas at 10,000 ft. Expect views from the top of most of the prominent Himalayan Mountains from there. After some time there, we return to the base where we spend the night.
- Day 4 / Trek back to Pantwari (8 km 2-3 hour trek). Drive to Dehradun for onward journey
- For our onward journey we follow the other ridge of Nag Tibba for a 12 km downhill trek to Devalsari which houses an old beautiful forest guest house. From there we drive to Dehradun for an onward journey to your final destination.
- Camping & Trekking equipments including tents, sleeping bag, carry mat, dining tent, toilet tent, hot water bottles, gas heater (when needed)
- Personally trained professional guides, cook, porter/ponies to carry equipment as well as personal luggage.
- Forest entry and permits wherever needed.
- Comfortable trek facilities.
- Ground support from an experienced team of adventurers.
- Food & Beverages: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc. (Multi cuisine veg/non-veg prepared by well trained cooks)
- Transport from Mussoorie to Pantwari and back.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature, tips etc.
- Goods and Service Tax.
- Transport to and return from Mussoorie. Could be organized at an extra cost.
- Accommodation in Mussoorie.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then