Vietnam is often known for its civil war and with America. However, that was almost 50 years ago. There’s so much to this country than that violent history. To a true traveler Vietnam is known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas, bustling cities, food, a rich ancient history and, proud and hardworking people who are warm, welcoming and proud of their culture and legacy. It is indeed an amazing experience exploring and discovering this and beyond in this beautiful country.
To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.Alduous Huxley
- Destination: Vietnam
- Nearest City (Airport): Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 8D/7N (customisable on request)
- Months: October to May
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Cambodian experience starts from the capital city of Phnom Penh with its beautiful Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, streets, markets and museums and also disturbing reminder of the genocide. It’s quite a handful. This is where you get the first taste of the delicious cuisine.
The next stop is Siem Reap, a city in contrast. During the day it is the hub of history, architecture and culture with the pristinely beautiful ruins of the ancient Khmer kingdom including the prominent Angkor Wat. During the night, the sleepy town comes alive with its vibrant night life, with its bars, live music, night markets and more.
One place, which is very difficult to leave and if you do you will want to come back.
We have a sample itinerary, but much more can be done in Cambodia if one has time like cycle trips,climbing Kulen Mountain and much more.
- Day 1 / Fly to Ho Chi Minh – Half day city tour (B)
- Arrival Ho Chi Minh, you will be welcomed by the guide and driver and taken for half-day tour of Ho Chi Minh City. We will visit the Reunification Palace, the former Presidential Palace for the president of the South of Vietnam. After that we will visit War Remnant Museum, where we can see countless artifacts, photographs and pictures documenting about the second Indochina war. We will also stop at Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post office to get good shots for our memory of the big, modern city of Vietnam. Rest of the day, we will visit: Ben Thanh market, and then we will be back to the hotel and have free time in Ho Chi Minh.
- Day 2 / Ho Chi Minh – Mekong Tour (B,L)
- After breakfast, we drive to Cai Be for our visit to floating market and island. The program will start with the visit of Cai Be colourful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Then, an optional stop can be made at local workshops where we can see how rice paste, coconut candy and pop-rice, popcorn is made. The rowing boat will take us deeper into the countryside on smaller canals and to enjoy the peaceful time. It is so interesting to see traditional houses made of wood and palm tree leaves and see some activities of the local farmers with an opportunity to make contacts with them and see how they catch fish... Lunch will be served at a local home. After lunch, we can walk around and then we will enjoy some kinds of fruits when listening to the traditional music. One more thing to do in this trip is biking! It will be so amazing to bike on village paths to see the local farms, houses, real life and the ancestral ways to pick up fruits in Mekong Delta. The cruise will end at Vinh Long city where we take our own vehicle back to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Day 3 / Ho Chi Minh – Fly to Danang – Hoi An – walking tour (B)
- Time will be free until our guide takes you to airport and flight to Danang. On arrival at the airport we will meet up the local tour guide in the morning then we will be transferred or we will walk down to the downtown for our walking tour. We will start our walking tour around the ancient town to visit the Japanese Covered Bridge, the Pottery Museum, Tan Ky old house, the Cantonese congregation, the silk street of Hoi An, the temples and pagodas of Chinese appearance. Then we are back to our hotel. Overnight in Hoi An.
- Day 4 / Hoi An cooking class – Free in the afternoon (B, L)
- Today, we join the fantastic Cooking class at Red Bridge restaurant with first activity to visit Hoi An colorful market to experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market; and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later. Later, we board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School; explore the cooking school's herb and vegetable garden before learning about some of Hoi An's and Vietnam's well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef's, before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked. Your overnight accommodation will be in Hoi An.
- Day 5 / Hoi An – Fly to Hanoi – half day tour (B)
- We have free time until our guide take you to airport and take the flight to Hanoi. Arrival in Hanoi, we will be transferred to central and have half-day tour. We will visit the Ho Chi Minh complex outside where we will spend time at Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum, his former stilt-house, the Presidential Palace, the Ho Chi Minh Museum and One Pillar Pagoda. Following, we will visit the Temple of Literature, which originally built as a temple to Confucius. Later this afternoon, we enjoy 1-hour cyclo tour of the French inspired "old quarter". We will be free for shopping in the old quarter ranges from markets through to designer boutique stores to amazing contemporary art galleries. After dinner, we sit down to enjoy a performance of the city’s famous Water Puppets. Overnight in Hanoi.
- Day 6 / Hanoi – Halong Bay – overnight on cruise (B, L, D)
- Pickup at the hotel after breakfast, we drive to Halong Bay. On arrival, we embark on Classic Cruise followed by a short cruise briefing and then, savor a delectable lunch as we cruise among the limestone islands. In the afternoon, we explore the amazing Sung Sot Cave – the most beautiful cave in Halong Bay before cruising to Titov Island and have free time for swimming and relaxing on the beach or climbing up to the top of the island for a panorama view of Halong Bay. After that, we return to our boat and continue cruising to the quiet area while enjoy beautiful seascape on the way. In the late afternoon, we can enjoy Sunset Party on sundeck and admire the best moments of the day when the sun starts to set. Enjoy dinner and socialize with other guests, take part in board games, fish for squid, or just laze around. Overnight on board.
- Day 7 / Halong Bay – Hanoi (B, L)
- Start our day with Tai Chi exercises or a photo hunt and have breakfast on board and enjoy the peaceful morning of Halong Bay. After that, we enjoy kayak among the hidden areas of the bay, around the Drum Cave. Return to the boat to freshen up and check out of our cabin. Continue your cruise exploring the Bay, passing Ba Hang fishing village, Dog Islet, and more. While heading back to the harbor, we will attend in a fruit carving demonstration and participate in the Cooking Class before enjoying a traditional Vietnamese lunch. We disembark around noon and get on our car back to Hanoi.
- Day 8 / Hanoi Departure (B)
- After breakfast, we will be free until your driver arrives to take you to NoiBai airport for your departure flight. Tour ends.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast as per detail itinerary.
- Accommodation on twin/double sharing basis. Additional cost for single supplement.
- Transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary with authentic local food. Western food is available (up on request) (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Local-stationed English-speaking tour guide. He or she will provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Entrance fees & permits (if have).
- Boat excursions.
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Vietnam Visa.
- Travel insurance.
- Other meals that are not indicated above.
- Surcharge and Compulsory dinners (if any).
- Beverages in the restaurants where meals are included.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers.
- Personal and other expenses such as porter, bar bills and laundry not stated in the itinerary.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then