Wayanad Plantation Experience
The Slow Manifesto is something that we all can and that we all should adopt for our own lives, at home, at work and when we travel. A holiday, in the true sense of the word, can only be enjoyed when we take it slow. The accommodation, the local activities, the food, the overall pace of the holiday is designed to help travelers slow down. So, opt for a slow holiday this time round and join the slow revolution in Wayanad, Kerala.
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Destination: Kerala
- Location: Wayanad
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 11.6050° N, 76.0830° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Kozhikode (Calicut)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Kozhikode (Calicut)
- Duration: 3 or 4 Days (Based on your schedule)
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Experience 4,025 acres of green in Wayanad (Northern Kerala). Built in 1911, the Tea Bungalow retains the old world charm while offering contemporary comfort and luxury to its guests. The bungalow with its wrap around veranda & surrounded by canopies of old trees have spectacular views of the green hills of tea estates & forests all round. It is the perfect place to settle down in the peace and quiet. Wayanad is part of the ecologically rich and bio-diverse Western Ghats region of India which was recently declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Accommodation in a heritage bungalow from the colonial period with fantastic vistas.
• Tea plantation tour and a lesson in tea tasting.
• Free usage of exclusive Planters Club and all facilities on offer.
- Day 1
- Arrive by lunch. Post lunch, relax and walk around the heritage colonial bungalow and take in the views on offer. Your host will give you a brief background of the bungalow and the surrounding plantations. Evening tea and dinner will be served at the bungalow.
- Day 2 / After Breakfast
- Explore the surrounding plantations today. A host of activities/experiences are available to you today. Walking Trails through the Plantations. Visit to the Tea Factories with lesson in Tea Tasting. Trekking to the nearby mountains. Mountain bikes are available on paying an extra fee. (Paid Activity) At a nearby bungalow belonging to the same group- Free usage of exclusive Planters Club with free usage of all facilities: Tennis, Badminton, Billiards, Chess, Caroms, Table Tennis & a well-equipped Library. Swimming pool. Usage of Gymnasium. Unlimited usage of Steam room and sauna. Board games for children All meals served at the bungalow.
- Day 3 / After Breakfast
- You can choose to slow it down and relax, or step out to explore some other parts of Wayanad. Please note these are all paid activities which you can pay for directly at the activity venue. Your transportation package allows you to pick any one of these activities, in case you would like to experience more than one activity there will be an extra charge for the transportation. Jungle safari at the Nagarhole National Park. Pre-historic cave paintings at Edakkal Caves. Visit Uravu a women’s self-help group that transforms bamboo into smart and trendy handicrafts and have thus made a name for themselves in the global arts and crafts industry. All meals served at the bungalow.
- Day 4
- Check out after breakfast and depart.
- Accommodation in the Cherakara heritage bungalow.
- All activities listed above except those which have been marked as or listed under “Paid Activity”.
- All applicable government taxes, toll fees, parking charges, etc.
- Food & Beverages: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea.
- Transportation: AC sedan vehicle with driver will be at your disposal for the entire duration of the trip.
- Any expense that is not mentioned in the Inclusions list above. These will have to be paid at actuals directly by the guests.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?
If yes, then