White Water River Rafting in Rishikesh
Whitewater river rafting and Rishikesh go together. The town is a mix of religion, culture, yoga and of course adventure. Rishikesh was the pioneer in introducing and popularising the sport. Blessed with the natural flow of Ganges and the various rapids therein, one is guaranteed the adrenaline rush and thrills associated with it. A perfect weekend of this rush is just what is required.
I don’t want an uneventful and safe life, I prefer an adventurous one.Isabel Allende
- Destination: Uttarakhand
- Location: Rishikesh
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 30.1030° N, 78.2940° E
- Nearest City (Airport): Jolly Grant (Dehradun)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Dehradun or Haridwar
- Dates: On request
- Months: Throughout the year except for the monsoon period of July – September
- Level: Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Few other places will define India the way Rishikesh does. They say that you can’t go 100 meters in India without drastic changes in landscape and entirely new, unimaginable experiences. Rishikesh is all that and more. While most other places in the country will see tourists from specific genres-religious/adventure/backpackers/casual holidayers, Rishikesh sees them all.
Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg and millions of others have spent time here for spiritual reasons, numerous others see the value for yoga here at its River side ashrams, and others still throng this place for its religious significance. Not to forget adventure sports as this is easily one of the most popular spots for River Rafting and camping in the country.
The 50 km or so up from Rishikesh offer some of the best rapids ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 4. This lined with plenty of flat sections in between rapids means a lot of enjoyment and no danger if you do this with a reputed company.
Thanks to the proximity from Delhi as well as from the Dehradun Airport, plans for Rishikesh work very well over the weekend for those starved off time. You can plan River Rafting here over half a day and spend the rest of your time lazing around at one of its beach camps and resorts, alternatively you could plan a short or long trek or even something spiritual. We’ll be happy to help you plan this whole thing based on how much time you have and what you want to do.
Alternatively if you do have more time and want to spend it riding some of the rapids in the country and camp at untouched locations by the river, we also conduct multi day self-supported River Rafting expeditions.
River Rafting Options
- Single Day Relaxed / Option 1: Starting from Brahampuri- 12 km of River Rafting, lasts 1-2 hours
- Single Day Relaxed / Option 2: Starting from Shivpuri- 16 km of River Rafting, lasts about 2 hours
- Single Day Advanced / Option 1: Starting from Marine Drive- 24 km of River Rafting, lasts about 3-4 hours
- Single Day Advanced / Option 2: Starting from Kaudiyala- 38 km of River Rafting, lasts about 5-6 hours
- Multi-day Self Sufficient Rafting Expedition / Option 1: 2-day expedition, relaxed
- Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Kaudiala(40 km, 1 hour drive) and begin River Rafting to Shivpuri(22 km, 3-4 hours), evening at a camp/resort in Shivpuri. | Day 2: River Rafting from Shivpuri to Rishikesh(16 km, 2 hours). | Popular high grade rapids include: Daniel Dip, The Wall, Three Blind Mice, Roller coaster, Gold Course and Initiation.
- Multi-day Self Sufficient Rafting Expedition / Option 2: 3-day expedition, intense
- Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Srinagar(110 km, 2-3 hour drive) and begin River Rafting to Vyas Ghat(17 km, 2-3 hours), setup camp at Vyas ghat for the night. This is a fairly relaxed day of River Rafting and you will ride about 5-6 small rapids. | Day 2: River rafting from Vyas Ghat to Kaudiala(20 km, 3-4 hours). A relaxed day where you come across a number of surfing rapids all along. Setup camp near Kaudiala for the night. | Day 3: River Rafting from Kaudiala to Rishikesh(38 km, 5-6 hours). This is the most intense day of the expedition, you will be rafting for long distances and will encounter a number of high grade rapids. | Popular high grade rapids include: Cross Fire, Daniel Dip, The Wall, Three Blind Mice, Roller coaster, Gold Course and Initiation.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then