Sikkim on a Motorcycle
Sikkim is a microcosm of history, heritage, culture and natural beauty. The rich heritage seeped in Buddhism, the majestic Kanchendzonga and the green forest cover in this Himalayan state, the delicious food, cheerful and friendly people and much more that Sikkim has in store for an outsider to explore and discover. What could be a better way than to explore the outdoors in the best possible way on a motorcycle feeling the air and in commune with the nature?
The road never ends…only our vision does.Amit Reddy, Who Stole My India
- Destination: Sikkim
- Nearest City (Airport): Bagdogra
- Nearest City (Railway Station): New Jalpaiguri (NJP)
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 13 Days (Customizable)
- Months: Sep-May
- Support: Available
- Level: Moderate
- Price: On request
The different hues of Sikkim would give an eclectic experience ranging from adventure to nature to culture to religion to food and much more. All of them 100% amazingly beautiful and of course 100% organic ☺. Feel the wind against you as you ride from the urban Gangtok through the hilly road and paths across villages and small towns of Sikkim discovering and experiencing the atmosphere while broadening your horizons.
The best way to be in the outdoors and explore this beautiful region from the saddle of the motorcycle.
Itinerary customizable on request
- Day 1 / Bagdogra/NJP to Gangtok: 123 Km
- Pick up from the airport/station and drive to Gangtok in a car. Stay overnight at the hotel (meals not inclusive).
- Day 2 / Gangtok
- Gangtok Local sight seeing full-day visit - Handicraft centre, Tibetology, Chorten Stupa, Ropeway, Lunch and then to Rumtek monastery, botanical garden, Shanti View point and then drive back to Gangtok. Evening walk at MG road. Stay overnight at the hotel (meals not inclusive).
- Day 3 / Gangtok to Lachen: 85 Km
- On the way visit Kabi Lungchok, Seven Sister waterfalls and Singik. Stay at the local inn inclusive of meals (dinner and breakfast).
- Day 4 / Lachen to Lachung: 153 Km
- Visit Chopta valley, Gurudongmar lake. Stay at the local inn inclusive of meals (dinner and breakfast).
- Day 5 / Lachung to Dzongu: 40 Km
- Visit Yumthang Valley, Hot spring, Zero Point and Dzongu. Stay at the local home stay inclusive of meals (dinner and breakfast).
- Day 6 / Dzongu to Gangtok: 66 Km
- Visit water falls in the jungle, hot spring and local vegetation center. Stay at the hotel (meals not inclusive).
- Day 7 / Gangtok to Nathang valley: 68 Km
- Visit Changu lake, Baba Mandir and Nathu la pass. Stay at the local home stay inclusive of meals.
- Day 8 / Nathang to Aritar: 67 Km
- Visit Nathang view Point, Zuluk Silk route and then Aritar Lake. Stay at the local hotel inclusive of meals (dinner and breakfast).
- Day 9 / Aritar to Ravangla to Pelling: 130 km
- Visit Tashiding monastery, Yuksom. Stay at the local hotel inclusive of meals (dinner and breakfast).
- Day 10 / Pelling to Kalimpong: 92 Km
- Visit PemaYangtse monastery, Rabdentse ruins and Sanga Choling. Stay at the local hotel inclusive of meals (dinner and breakfast).
- Day 11 / Kalimpong to Darjeeling: 49 Km
- Explore the town. Stay at the local home stay exclusive of meals.
- Day 12 / Darjeeling to Gangtok: 97 Km
- Stay at the local hotel exclusive of meals. There's an option of ending the trip today and head to Bagdogra/NJP directly from Darjeeling.
- Day 13 / Gangtok to Bagdogra/NJP: 123 Km
- You will be picked from you hotel and taken to Bagdogra airport of New Jalpaiguri Railway station.
- Rental Requirements
- Indian Nationals - Photo Copy of Voter ID card, Aadhar card or Passport - Photo Copy of Driving License - Passport Sized Photo x 1 - Minimum of 3 days renting - Refundable Security Deposit - Rs 10,000/- per bike in Cash (refundable post adjusting of damages) Foreign Nationals - Photo Copy of Passport - Original Copy of Return Flight Ticket - Photo Copy of Driving License - Minimum of 3 days renting - Refundable Security Deposit - Rs 10,000/- per bike (refundable post adjusting of damages)
- Booking Terms
- - Bookings will be confirmed to reservations only after receiving 50% of the total invoice to guarantee rate and rental dates. - Discount rates are subject to blackout dates and availability. - Rental rates could change depending on season and location.
- Cancellation Policy
- All cancellations have to be done in writing and the following cancellations charges of the total package price will be deducted/charge: More than 60days - Deposit only 30-60 day - 50% 16-30 days - 75% Less than 15days - 100%
- Maintenance Responsibility
- Customer is responsible for general maintenance once the bike is handed over and should report mechanical failures immediately. Customers may be held responsible for mechanical damages due to negligence in motorcycle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance.
- Motorcycle Substitution
- Generally there will be no substitution of motorcycles after handover to customer. Rustik Travel reserves the right to substitute motorcycles confirmed to rental customers.
- Return Policy
- Bikes need to be returned as per the date and time mutually agreed upon or between working hours (9 am to 6 pm). Advance notification is required if bikes are being returned at a time other than working hours.
- Unlimited miles and no hourly charges.
- Motorbike accessories including rear view mirrors, leg guard, helmet (for rider only).
- Free consultations on itineraries, ride routes and destinations.
- Permits wherever needed.
- Support vehicle and mechanic.
- Airport/Railway station transfers.
- Accommodation in local hotels, inns and home stays.
- Meals wherever mentioned during the trip.
- Refundable Security Deposit - Rs 10,000/ per bike.
- Bike fuel and parking charges.
- Accommodation and meals wherever mentioned.
- Extra gear that can be hired.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature.
- Applicable Govt. Taxes and Service Charge.
- Items not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then