Ziro Festival of Music
Music is an integral part of the North-East culture. So it is not surprising that a music festival is organized in Ziro, a remote but a beautiful part of Arunachal Pradesh. The Woodstock of India, Ziro festival of Music is back again this year with more punch and more music. For the music aficionados who haven’t been to Arunachal Pradesh and have not experienced the North East flavor and natural beauty, this is the perfect time to come. Attend the four-day music fiesta in the outdoors explore the beautiful countryside hiking, cycling and immersing yourself in the culture of the Apatani tribe. If this is not enough then follow it up exploring the scenic countryside, the mesmerizing Siang river and of course take the spiritual path to the beautiful Tawang monastery. We have put together an experience combining all of that.
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.Bob Marley
- Destination: Arunachal Pradesh
- Nearest City (Airport): Guwahati/Lilabari
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Guwahati/Naharlagun
- Dates: To be announced
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Ziro Festival is widely known to be the one of the greatest outdoor festivals in India. Celebrated with much fervor and energy, it is also a wonderful opportunity to showcase the musical talent of the amazing artists of North-East India besides promoting tourism in the state.
The Ziro valley is home to Apatani tribe, one of the most friendly and hospitable people who, essentially, are agrarian in nature. The love of North-East Indian people and the people of Apatani tribe, in particular, for music is well-known. To give an expression to this natural inclination towards music and vent to their desire to have an organized event for the same, Ziro Festival was born in 2012.
The experience at the Ziro Festival of Music is definitely going to be electric. But experiencing music in the natural beauty and diversity, is a different experience altogether.
While the music concert starts in the late afternoon, during the day we have put together a plethora of activities to explore the beautiful countryside. With a guide there will be day hikes, cycling, visiting the villages of the Apatani tribe and more.
If you further want to explore Arunachal Pradesh, including a visit to Tawang monastery, we could organize it for you. Click here for sample itinerary.
You have now a reason in Ziro to visit this heaven on earth.
More about Ziro Festival of Music at http://zirofestival.com
- Day 1: 26 Sep, Wed / Guwahati
- Reach Guwahati. Take a overnight train to Naharlagun or flight to Lilabari next morning.
- Day 2: 27 Sep, Thu / Ziro
- After breakfast, drive from Naharlagun to Ziro. It’s a 4-5 hours drive depending on the road conditions. Reach Ziro, Check in to your tents or Hapoli view point homestay. Attend the music festival. Overnight at Ziro.
- Day 3: 28 Sep, Fri / Ziro
- After breakfast get yourself ready to experience the music festival at Ziro valley. Lunch on the festival venue. Full day activities at festival side. Back to homestay/tents for the night.
- Day 4: 29 Sep, Sat / Ziro
- Before going to festival venue, we will be going for a short hike to Putu Hill and back to Market and homestay/tent for lunch. After lunch, we will to drive to the Festival venue by our driver. We'll be at the festival till the last band arrives. After dinner at the festival stalls, we will drive to the village for after party which will be organised by our members.
- Day 5: 30 Sep, Sun / Ziro
- After breakfast, visit the second largest village in Asia, Hong Village. Spend quality time with the villagers. Here, you will come across old women who have their nose pierced as teenagers. Back to the festival venue.
- Day 6: 1 Oct, Mon / Naharlagun
- Transfer to Naharlagun station for the overnight train back to Guwahati.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. PAYMENT All payments made directly to Rustik Travel Ventures Pvt. Ltd.. To confirm the booking one have to pay the 50% of the total tour cost. Full payment 15 days before arrival. 2. INSURANCE There is no personal insurance of any kind included in the tour price. So you are strongly advised to arrange travel insurance from your place of residence in advance for your tour with us. Whilst the country has a good standard of medical and hospital facilities, it does not offer the facilities that only a larger population can support. 3. CANCELLATIONS Any cancellations must be received in writing via email. (firstname.lastname@example.org). Refunds are processed within days after we receive details of your cancellation. The following charges apply: • More than 30 days : Deposit is forfeited • Within 21 days : 10% Advance of the total tour cost • Within 14 days : 15% Advance of the total tour cost • Within 7 days : 30% Advance of the total tour cost • Less than 7 days : 50% of the total tour cost • After arrival: 100% of the total tour cost
- Accommodation (Twin or triple sharing) in Ziro at homestay/Tents with breakfast.
- Transport from Naharlagun to Ziro to Naharlagun.
- All inner line permits.
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Local Transportation to ZFM Ground and Back.
- Air Fares and train tickets.
- Festival tickets.
- Accommodation in Naharlagun and Guwahati.
- Meals unless specified.
- Any medical expenses, evacuation etc.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any cost of personal nature.
- Cost incurred due to natural calamities and uncertain political situations.
- Items not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then