Cambodia is unfairly characterized by its recent disturbing past of genocide and civil war. That’s over and it’s the future, which is bright, and one finds that in terms of hope amongst its population. It’s the glorious past one should be looking at more than a thousand years ago, when the Khmer kingdom was one of the most prosperous nations in the world. They have left behind an amazingly rich legacy in terms of temples and culture that is so endearing and part of the present lives. It’s more than Angkor Wat. It’s in the culture, food, architecture, everywhere. You will experience it.
I feel confident and hope for a brighter future of our country, Cambodia. We have learned the lessons from the past.Prince Norodom Ranariddh
- Destination: Cambodia
- Nearest City (Airport): Phnom Penh, Siem Reap
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 4D/3N (customisable on request)
- Months: October to May
- Level: Easy
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
The Cambodian experience starts from the capital city of Phnom Penh with its beautiful Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, streets, markets and museums and also disturbing reminder of the genocide. It’s quite a handful. This is where you get the first taste of the delicious cuisine.
The next stop is Siem Reap, a city in contrast. During the day it is the hub of history, architecture and culture with the pristinely beautiful ruins of the ancient Khmer kingdom including the prominent Angkor Wat. During the night, the sleepy town comes alive with its vibrant night life, with its bars, live music, night markets and more.
One place, which is very difficult to leave and if you do you will want to come back.
We have a sample itinerary, but much more can be done in Cambodia if one has time like cycle trips,climbing Kulen Mountain and much more.
- Day 1 / Arrival – Phnom Penh – City Tours
- Upon your arrival at Pochentong International Airport, welcome by our local guide and driver who will transfer you to hotel for check in (Early check in depend on the availability, official time is 14:00). After taking little rest, visit: The private quarters of the Royal Palace are now home to the royal family and are therefore very close to the public. At the northern area of the palace grounds is Silver Pagoda, the most sacred temple in the country and Central Market, one of local market. End the day with climb on Wat Phnom. Later in the afternoon we take a stroll along the Chatomok River (the Four Faces River) to observe the local way of life. Accommodation in Phnom Penh.
- Day 2 / Phnom Penh – Tours – Fly to Siem Reap – Tonle Sap Lake
- Breakfast at hotel, this morning we continue visit one of the city’s lively open markets, Psar Toul Tom Pong, all called the “Russian Market”. We enjoy a walk around this bustling trading center and see plenty of local handicrafts and artifacts. Then head to Choeung Ek is the site of a former orchard and mass grave of victims of the Khmer Rouge - killed between 1975 and 1979 - about 17 kilometres south of the city. It is the best-known of the sites known as The Killing Fields, where the Khmer Rouge regime executed over one million people. Mass graves containing 8,895 bodies were discovered at Choeung Ek after the fall of the Khmer Rouge regime. Many of the dead were former political prisoners who were kept by the Khmer Rouge in their Tuol Sleng detention center. Today, Choeung Ek is a memorial, marked by a Buddhist stupa. The stupa has acrylic glass sides and is filled with more than 5,000 human skulls. Some of the lower levels are opened during the day so that the skulls can be seen directly. Many have been shattered or smashed in. Tourists are encouraged by the Cambodian government to visit Choeung Ek. Apart from the stupa, there are pits from which the bodies were exhumed. Human bones still litter the site. Same afternoon, transfer to airport for our next destination to Siem Reap by domestic flight. Upon arrival in Siem Reap, will visit the great annual flood of Tonle Sap Lake, we take a boat ride to the village of Kompong Phhluk on stilts. Explore this great ecosystem by way of canoeing and hear the calls of the macaque monkeys while observing the forest beneath the lake’s surface. We will see the Buddhist temple is standing on the island with some beautiful Buddhist life painting on the ceiling. While having dinner tonight will be accompanied with classical Apsara dancers depicting scenes from Khmer mythology. Accommodation in Siem Reap
- Day 3 / Siem Reap - Discovery of the “Heart of Angkor”
- Breakfast at hotel, today we our exploration will be temples. Enter this last capital of the Khmer empire through the Southern Gate where giant carvings of gods and demons flank each side of the entrance. Inside this great city, explore the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, Elephant Terrace and Terrace of Leper King. Feel the serenity that exudes from the stone face carvings of the Bayon and temple walls covered in emerald-green moss intertwined with roots, which many deem the most charming of all, Ta Prohm. Afternoon we visit Angkor Wat – one of the wonder of the world. End the day with the climb to the summit of Bakheng Mountain or Pre Rup Temple to view a spectacular sunset. Accommodation in Siem Reap.
- Day 4 / Siem Reap – Departure
- Breakfast at hotel, free at leisure until time for transfer to airport for departure flight.
- 3 Nights Accommodation + Daily International Breakfast.
- Experienced English speaking guide through out.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees for 1-day pass only.
- Boat Excursion on Tonle Sap Lake of Kampung Plukk.
- Halal Meals as indicated on itinerary (3 Lunches + 2 Dinner + 1 Dinner Show).
- International/domestic airfares & tax.
- Visa fees.
- Travel Insurance. (We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance)
- Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping and so on…).
- Tips for guide, driver, porters and project cost.
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Any other services not clearly mentioned on itinerary and trip inclusive portion.
- Domestic Flight from Phnom Penh-Siem Reap.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then