Kailash Manasarovar Tour
Mount Kailash is the one of holiest mountains in the Himalayas. Located in Tibet province of China, the snow-capped rocky peak of Mt. Kailash or Kangri Rimpoche is believed to be a sacred place of the founders of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Bonpo religion. Different religions attach different name, meaning, and purpose to holy Mount Kailash (6,714m/22,028 ft). Hindus and Buddhists all over the world worship this peak as the exact "Center of the Universe" whereas Jains believe that their first Saint obtained Liberation/Freedom meditating on the mountain. Hindus believe Mount Kailash/Kangri is the abode of supreme Lord Shiva and his wife Parvati. For a Hindu, the arduous pilgrimage to Kailash help one rid of all sins and attain salvation. Buddhists regard the pilgrimage to Mt. Kailash/Manasarovar as a pious deed to achieving enlightenment and spreading world peace. Vajrayana Buddhists in particular refer Mt. Kailash as Mount Meru, the home of Demchok, who represents supreme bliss.
Om Namah Shivay, meaning, I honour the divinity that resides within me.
- Destination: Tibet
- Departure: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 31.0675° N, 81.3119° E
- Highest Altitude: Dolma La Pass (5,630 m/18,471 ft)
- Nearest City (Airport): Bhuntar (Kullu)
- Nearest City (Railway Station): Joginder Nagar
- Duration: 11 – 13 Days
- Starting Dates: June – 5, 11, 17, 23, 29 | July – 5, 10, 17, 22, 28 | August – 3, 8, 14, 20, 26 | September – 1, 7, 13, 19.
- Months: June to September
- Level: Difficult due to high altitude
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Manasarovar Lake, called Mapam Yumtso by Tibetans, lays just beside the sacred Mount Kailash. The Sanskrit word “Manas” means mind or consciousness and “Sarovar” means Lake. Hence this lake is defined as the Lake of consciousness. Similarly Buddhists believe Mapam to be the Lake of Anavatapta where Buddha was conceived by his mother Maya. Along the lake’s shore is perched the ancient Chiu Monastery which is a revered spot for meditation. Like Kailash it also holds deep spiritual influence and wide religious belief among the four faiths.
The annual trip to Kailash Manasarovar is a popular one taken by many for various reasons – religious or for adventure and travel purposes. We have a few itineraries that caters to different needs and the way you would like to travel – by road or air with a mix of walking/trekking.
Since you will be in Tibet you could also extend your journey and visit the beautiful capital of Tibet – Lhasa and as well.
1. 53 km Kailash Parikrama (Kora) includes walk/trek from Yamdwar to Chongdo, which is 38km. No car/bus/jeep Service will be available however pony and local porter can be hired for 3 days.
2. One should adjust to basic accommodation in guest house, lodge/mud houses during Kailash tour in Manasarovar and Kailash Parikrama.
3. Passport must be valid for at least 6 month or more from the proposed travel date.
4. In Kailash region, there is no temple of Lord Shiva but there is one Ram / Sita / Laxman temple in Khojarnath on the way to Manasarovar Lake which is 15 km far from Hillsa border between Nepal and China.
5. The journey route is Hillsa – Chiu Gompa – Darchen – Yamadwar – Darchen – Hor – Manasarovar Lake. Ecologically sound blue buses are available from Ngari Tourism of Bureau in Darchen.
6. Visit World’s famous monasteries and Potala palace in Tibet and historical cities of Lhasa, Shigatse, and Saga as per Itinerary 1 option.
7. Crossing highest pass Dolma La /Dorma La (5,630 m).
1. Please consult your doctor and get yourself examined before you start for the Kailash Manasarovar tour.
2. As Mount Kailash & lake Manasarovar are situated at high altitude please start exercises like walking, jogging, yoga meditation and other breathing exercises in order to make a successful holy tour
Kindly get yourself a Travel medical insurance for Kailash Manasarovar tour. Please make sure you cover yourself for emergency evacuation (helicopter), road transportation and hotel accommodation in the insurance. This is mandatory.
Oxygen is less at higher altitudes. The inclement weather and high altitude induces certain illness generally not encountered in the plains. Headache, nausea, lassitude, lethargy, breathlessness, general uneasiness [malaise], high irritability, light loss of balance, disorientation, incoherence and insomnia are a few. It is common to all irrespective of the age, gender and physical fitness. Gradual acclimatization is the best answer. Tranquilizers, sleeping dose and strong anti-biotic must be avoided. The best idea is to deliberately slow down all the activities. Climb gradually.
- Itinerary I / Kathmandu – Lhasa – Manasarovar – Kathmandu - 13 Days
- Highlights: Visit to the Tibetan Capital, Lhasa and sightseeing included in the tour.
- Day 1 / Arrival in Kathmandu & Transfer to the hotel.
- Day 2 / Rudra Abhishek, sightseeing in Kathmandu, Kailash tour briefing.
- Day 3 / Fly to Gonggar airport & drive to Lhasa.
- Day 4 / Sightseeing in Lhasa including Potala Palace.
- Day 5 / Drive from Lhasa to Shigatse (3,782 m/12,408 ft). Overnight stay in the hotel.
- Day 6 / Drive from Shigatse to Saga (4,640 m/15,223 ft). Overnight stay in the hotel.
- Day 7 / Drive to Manasarovar Lake from Saga. Full moon night in Manasarovar Lake.
- Day 8 / Morning Bath, Pooja, lunch & drive to Darchen.
- Day 9 / Drive to Yamdwar & start the walk –Dira Puk.
- Day 10 / Trek to Dolma La Pass (5,630 m/18,471 ft) and Zuthul Puk.
- Day 11 / Trek to Chongdo and drive to Saga city.
- Day 12 / Drive to Kerung, cross the border to Shyabru Besi. Fly to Kathmandu by Helicopter.
- Day 13 / Transfer to Kathmandu airport for departure.
- Itinerary II / Kailash Manasarovar Overland Tour via Kyirong - 13 Days
- An overland tour by road of Kailash Manasarovar with a different route.
- Day 1 / Kathmandu
- Arrival at Kathmandu Airport. Transfer to the Hotel. Further program Briefing in the evening. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 / Kathmandu
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple & Budhanilakantha (Sleeping Vishnu) in the morning. Afternoon final preparation for the Yatra.
- Day 3 / Kathmandu – Syapru Besi (2,250 m/7,382 ft): 142 km
- Early morning after having Tea & Coffee drive to Syapru Besi which is nearest town from Tibet Border. We will have lunch on the way. Syapru Besi is situated lap of the mountain so you can have beautiful view from your Hotel.
- Day 4 / Syapru Besi –Kyirong (3,000 m/9,843 ft): 38 km
- After the breakfast at Hotel drive to RasuwaGadi (Nepal-China border) about 30m drive. After completing custom formalities, check into Tibet. Drive to a small Tibetan town called Kyirong (25km/ 1 hour drive).
- Day 5 / Kyirong-Saga (4,500 m/14,764 ft): 110 km
- After breakfast drive to Saga about 3 hrs drive. You can roam around the city and purchase necessary items. Overnight stay in the hotel.
- Day 6 / Saga-Manasarovar (4,560 m/14,961 ft.): 530 km/7-8 hrs
- Early morning after having breakfast drive to Chui Gomba/Manasarovar. Packed lunch will served on the way. You can take holy bath on the way in Manasarovar. Overnight at Guest House.
- Day 7 / Manasarovar –Darchen (4,620 m/15,158 ft): 40 km
- You can take a holy bath & perform Puja. After lunch drive to Darchen about 1 hrs drive. Darchen is the Base camp of Mount Kailash.
- Day 8 / Darchen to Diraphuk (4,860 m/15,945 ft): 6-7 hrs
- We will drive about 8 km to Yamadwar. This is the first day of Kailash Parikrama (Kora). Yaks will carry all our kitchen goods and equipments.
- Day 9 / Diraphuk –Zuthulphuk (4,790 m/15,715 ft)
- Cross the Dolma-La Pass which is about 5630 meters above sea level. Due to unpredictable weather, it is important to start as early as possible. We can see Gaurikund Lake on the way. Night stay at Guest House/Lodge.
- Day 10 / Zuthulphuk –Manasarovar –Dongba
- We will trek down to Darchen and start our way back to Kathmandu following the same route.
- Day 11 / Dongba- Kyirong
- Drive back to Kyirong about 5 hours. This is the last night in Tibet.
- Day 12 / Kerung – Kathmandu (180 km)
- Early morning, after having light breakfast drive to RasuwaGadi. After completing custom formalities drive to Kathmandu.
- Day 13 / Departure
- Last day of the tour, transfer to the airport to connect to your flight for onward journey.
- Itinerary III / Kailash Manasarovar Helicopter Tour - 11 Days
- Helicopter tour of Kailash Manasarovar
- Day 1 / Kathmandu
- Arrival at Kathmandu Airport. Welcome and transfer to the Hotel. Further program Briefing in the evening. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 / Kathmandu
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple and Budhanilakantha (Sleeping Vishnu) in the morning. Afternoon final preparation for the Yatra.
- Day 3 / Fly to Simikot (2,950 m/9,678 ft): 55min
- After the breakfast transfer to airport fly to Simikot. Free day for acclimatization, visit Shiva temple. Overnight at Hotel/Lodge.
- Day 4 / Drive to Purang (3,750 m/12,303 ft): 30 km
- Early morning, after the light breakfast fly to Hilsa by chartered helicopter. After completing custom formalities, drive to Purang. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 5 / Drive to Manasarovar (4,510 m/14,797 ft): 90 km/3 hrs
- After breakfast drive to Manasarovar (4,510 m/14,797 ft). Parikrama and holy bath in Lake Manasarovar. Overnight at Guest House.
- Day 6 / Drive to Darchen (4,620 m/15,158 ft): 40 km/ 1hrs
- In the morning spiritual activities (Pooja and Hawan). After the lunch drive to Darchen (4,620 m/15,158 ft). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 7 / Drive to Yamadwar (9 km/30 min). Trek to Dirapuk (4,860 m/15,945 ft): 6-7 hrs
- Early morning after the light breakfast drive to Yamadwar, the starting Point of Kailash Parikarma (Kora). Trek to Dirapuk (4,860 m/15,945 ft). Overnight at Guest House.
- Day 8 / Diraphuk – Zuthulphuk (4,790 m/15,715 ft)
- Cross the Dolma-La Pass which is about 5,630 meters above sea level. Due to unpredictable weather, it is important to start as early as possible. We can see Gaurikund Lake on the way. Night stay at Guest House/Lodge.
- Day 9 / Zuthulphuk-Darchen-Hilsa
- We will trek down to Darchen and drive back to Purang or Hilsa. Overnight at Hotel/Guest House.
- Day 10 / Kathmandu
- After breakfast fly to Simikot by Helicopter and connecting flight to Nepalgunj/Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 11 / Depart
- Transfer to Kathmandu airport for departure.
- To be shared with the cost based on the itinerary chosen.
- To be shared with the cost based on the itinerary chosen.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience. Join today.
Price: On request
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then