Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek is the perfect short trek for any trekker to get a test of trekking in the Nepal Himalayas with the flavour of majestic mountains, unique culture and landscapes as a setting.
If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads.Anatole France
- Destination: Nepal
- Location: Mardi Himal
- Departure: Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 28.4857° N, 83.9374° E/li>
- Highest Altitude: Mardi Himal View Point (4,250 m/13,944 ft)
- Nearest City (Airport): Pokhara
- Dates: On request
- Months: April-May, September-October
- Level: Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Mardi Himal Trek is the best trekking holiday package tour for anyone who wants to experience the best adventure travel in Annapurna region and it is a new open trekking trail and also less visited by foreigners. The changing colors of the peaks at sunset and sunrise give the hikers a very heavenly feeling and reward them with a panoramic view of the Annapurna Mountains. We drive to Kande and follow Pitam Deurali’s regular ABC trek trail. From here we will walk the Mardi Himal Trail, and our journey will stop at Low Camp where we will stay tonight. The next day we will continue our trek to the high camp. After lunch at the high camp, relax at the high camp and enjoy the panoramic views of the Machhapuchchhre Himalayas and the Annapurna Himalayas. From here, it takes about 3 hours to reach the top view point of Mardi Himal and one can see the panoramic views of mount Annapurna and its surroundings.
- DAY 1 / ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU. DAY FOR LOCAL SHOPPING, RELAXING, SIGHTSEEING.
- After coming to Nepal, representatives of Rustic Travel will welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport with Rustik Travel placard (sign of Rustic Travel). In case of late night arrival, private transportation to the hotel will be arranged by the representative. Clients will be notified of tour briefings and group meeting times by a representative. In the meeting we discuss the travel plans and services as well as introduce the trek guide. A legally binding travel form and a non-liability disclaimer form will be filled out. If anyone has a tour payment due, it should be paid at the meeting. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
- DAY 2 / KATHMANDU – POKHARA, DRIVE – KANDE AND TREK – PITAM DEURALI (2,100 M/6,890 FT)
- 08.00 AM flight from Kathmandu-Pokhara by Yeti Airlines / Buddha Air, meet your trekking team on arrival at Pokhara Airport and begin your adventure with a drive to Kande. After reaching Kande, the trek will start till Pitam Deurali. We pass stone steps, terraced fields and villages and forests before reaching Dhampus for lunch. We continue trekking to Deurali, a small village situated on a ridge with beautiful views of Annapurna South, Mardi Himal and Machhapuchchhre. Lunch will be arranged by the guide according to your appetite. Possible place for Lunch are Australian Camp or Pothana. Kathmandu - Pokhara flight time is approximately 25 minutes. Pokhara airport - Kande travel time is approximately 45 minutes. Kande to Pitam Deurali (2,100 m) takes about 4-5 hours for trek. Stay overnight in Pitam Deurali.
- DAY 3 / TREKKING – LOW CAMP (2,970 M/9,744 FT)
- Our trail passes through lush forest dotted with the red rhododendrons. The flowers are a common sight in Nepalese hills and it is no surprise that its Nepal’s national flower. Our trail is very quiet until we reach a clearing of the forest camp. After lunch in Forest Camp, we continue to walk through dense forests admiring Nepal’s rich biodiversity and reach the Low Camp. From here, the fantastic view of Mt. Machhapuchchhre (Mt. Fishtail) up the valley is mesmerizing. We can spend some time in the evening observing the local lifestyle. Pitam Deurali to Low Camp (2,970 m/9,744 ft) takes about 5-6 hours for trek. Stay overnight in Low Camp.
- DAY 4 / TREKKING – HIGH CAMP (3,540 M/11,614 FT)
- We walk up the side of the hill towards Mardi Himal and Machhapuchchhre. We trek uphill alongside a ridge towards Mardi Himal and Machhapuchchhre. The tree lines begin to thin and the area is mostly covered with isolated rhododendron bushes along the road. If you are lucky, you might see a Himalayan Monal ("Danfe" National Bird of Nepal) on the way to the High Camp during the trek. We head to the High Camp, which is the final destination of this trek. The view of the mountains from here is breathtaking. Low Camp to High Camp (3,540 m/11,614 ft) takes about 3-4 hours for trek. Stay overnight in High Camp.
- DAY 5 / VISIT MARDI HIMAL VIEW POINT (4,250 M/13,944 FT) AND TREK – BADAL DANDA (3,210 M/10,532 FT)
- On our trek to Mardi Himal View Point, we go up and down and sometimes on a steep and narrow path. Our trail goes through pastures and we hike up a narrow ridge before reaching the top of Mardi Himal high view point. The view of the Himalayan vista from here is amazing. We visited Mardi Himal (5,587 m/18,330 ft), Annapurna First (8,091 m/26,545 ft), Annapurna South (7,219 m/23,684 ft), Himchuli (6,441 m/21,132 ft), Barah Peak (Phang) (7,647 m/25,089 ft), Tent Peak (5,695 m/18,684 ft), Singhachuli (6,501 m/21,329 ft). We will see mount Machhapuchchhre (6,993 m/22,943 ft) and many other peaks. We return after full visit to Mardi Himal upper view point then after we will continue trekking to Badal Danda. Round trip to Mardi Himal view point and trek from high camp to Badal Danda (3,210 m/10,532 ft) takes about 5-6 hours. Stay overnight in Badal Danda.
- DAY 6 / TREKKING – SIDING (1,700 M/5,577 FT) AND DRIVE – POKHARA (2HR)
- After breakfast at Badal Danda, we continue our trek to Low Camp. After a tea break at Low Camp, we will start trekking again to Siding Village. Today, almost all trekking is a downhill trail route. This trail lets us experience something different and makes our trek exciting. Siding is the end point of this trek. On reaching Siding we have lunch then we will return to Pokhara which takes about two hours to reach Pokhara by jeep. Badal Danda to Siding village (1,700 m/5,577 ft) takes about 5-6 hours for trek. Stay overnight in Pokhara.
- DAY 7 / POKHARA – KATHMANDU FLIGHT AND DEPARTURE FROM NEPAL
- Breakfast at the hotel and ready for check out. We will provide Pokhara airport transfer one hour before your flight time. Fly to Kathmandu from Pokhara with Yeti or Buddha Air. Upon arrival at Kathmandu Airport, transfer to the International airport and trip ends.
- International flight arrival and departure transfer by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Arranged daily buffet breakfast at Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- 4 nights stay during the trek (twin share, shared bathroom).
- 5 Days Full board (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) teahouse trek.
- Hot drinks (tea or Coffee) at breakfast time during trek.
- Pokhara airport – Kande (Starting Point) transfer by private vehicle.
- Siding Village (Ending Point) – Pokhara transfer by private vehicle.
- Annapurna Conservation entry permit fee & TIMS.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara flight ticket and airport transfer by private vehicle.
- Pokhara – Kathmandu flight ticket and airport transfer by private vehicle.
- An English speaking veteran and a licensed trekking guide from Kathmandu.
- Porter (s) for carrying guest luggage (2 guests = 1 porter and maximum 25 kg).
- Flight (one guide), wages, food, lodge and travel insurance of guide & porter.
- Bus ticket for porters (Kathmandu – Pokhara and Pokhara – Kathmandu).
- If the group size is more than 7 people, we will provide an additional guide.
- A welcome dinner will be organized in Kathmandu before going on the trek.
- Nepal visa, and international flight ticket.
- Meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Single supplementary for room in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Free baggage 20 kg (15 luggage and 5 hand bag).
- Any costs incurred due to flight delays or cancellations.
- Additional porter for trekking cost will be NPR 3000 per day per porter.
- Transport service for private activities around Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Personal nature of expenses and trekking gears (Jacket & Sleeping bag etc.)
- Bar bills, and extra drinks (tea, coffee, mineral water, beer, coke or Chocolate etc.).
- Travel Insurance: Strong travel insurance for rescue work, usually up to 15,000 US dollars.
- Hotel cost if earlier return from trekking by any reason should be paid by customer.
- All costs that arises due to any reason which is not in our control should be paid by customer.
- Service that is not mentioned in the price inclusion paragraph is are extras.
- TIPS for trekking staffs (Approx. USD 10 per day per customer).
- GST @5%. Tax Collection at Source (TCS) @5% for Indian citizens.
- Items not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then