Mera Peak Climb
Mera peak (6,461m) is the highest trekking peak in Nepal. This majestic peak is famous for its adventurous trekking trail, snow-covered surroundings, panoramic viewpoints and the quaint villages along the way. Situated on the edge of the famous Khumbu region and dwarfed by Mt. Everest, climbing Mera peak is an opportunity for all the trekkers and mountaineers to scale a 6,000 m plus peak. Mera peak climbing trek offers you an immense view of natural wilderness, various Sherpa cultural villages and exciting peak climbing experience. This fascinating peak climbing requires a fit physical condition because of its steep climbing and snow covered trekking trail.
The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.Criss Jami
- Destination: Nepal
- Location: Everest Region
- Departure: Kathmandu
- Google Map Co-ordinates: 27.7090° N, 86.8678° E
- Highest Altitude: 6,461 m/21,198 ft
- Nearest City (Airport): Lukla with flights to Kathmandu
- Dates: On request
- Duration: 18 Days
- Months: April-May, September-October
- Level: Strenuous
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Mera peak climbing trek starts with a scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. We then trek through some of the most beautiful villages. The trek to Mera peak is a gradual steep climb and requires necessary climbing equipments with an experienced guide. The summit day starts early in the morning and we approach the summit by the northern route. This involves a gradual climb with an outstanding mountain panorama always in sight. From Mera peak, one could see quite a few eight thousanders namely Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse and Cho Oyu.
Enjoy the climb to this challenging 6,000 m peak.
- Day 1 / Kathmandu (1,360 m/4,462 ft)
- Arrive in Kathmandu. Pick up from the airport.
- Day 2 / Kathmandu
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 3 / Kathmandu to Lukla (2,840 m/9,318 ft)
- Take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Stay overnight in Lukla.
- Day 4 / Lukla to Chutanga (2,730 m/8,957 ft): 4 km/3-4 hrs
- Today our trek starts early from Lukla. We pass through beautiful rustic villages and natural wilderness with lush green forest of rhododendron and oak. We trek for 4-5 hours all the way to Chutanga.
- Day 5 / Chutanga to Thuli Kharka (4,320 m/14,173 ft): 5-6 hrs
- Today we trek from Chutanga walking for 5-6 hours all the way to Thuli Kharka (4,320 m/14,173 ft) via Zwatra La (4,600 m/15,092).
- Day 6 / Thuli Khara to Kothe (3,600 m/11,811 ft)
- Today our trek ascends through the steep and adventurous trekking trail lined some with beautiful view points, Rhododendron forest from Thuli Khara all the way to Kothe.
- Day 7 / Kothe to Thangnag (4,350 m/14,272 ft): 3-4 hrs
- Today early in the morning we trek ascends from Kothe is walking for 3-4 hours all the way to Thangnag. Along the trail we pass through some of the ancient and old Buddhist monasteries and settlements.
- Day 8 / Thangnag to Khare (5,045 m/16,552 ft): 3-4 hrs
- Today we trek a steep trekking trail from Thangnag to Khare. We walk for 3-4 hours through moraines to the snout of the Hinku Nup and Shar Glaciers, and then take the steep climb to Khare. Enjoy the beautiful wilderness covered with snow and various mighty Himalayan peaks.
- Day 9 / Rest and acclimatization day at Khare
- Today we shall practice peak climbing techniques and the proper ways of using climbing gears such as the ice axe, climbing boots and crampons, harness, ascender, etc. The training will also include using ropes to go up and down.
- Day 10 / Khare to Mera Base Camp (5,300 m/17,388 ft)
- Today we climb a steep trekking trail walking for 3-4 hours from Khare all the way to Mera Base Camp. Rest overnight at base camp.
- Day 11 / Mera Base Camp to Mera High Camp (5,780 m/18,963 ft)
- Today we trek early from Mera Base Camp climbing high and passing via Mera La Pass all the way to Mera High Camp.
- Day 12 / Summit Day
- We climb from Mera High Camp all the way to the Summit (6,461 m/21,198 ft). Enjoy the magnificent view of the mighty Himalayan range including Mt Everest. We climb down to Khare where we stay for the night.
- Day 13 / Reserve and rest day for contingency
- Today we rest or if the climate was not favorable for the summit at 12th day we climb the summit today. Explore around and rest overnight.
- Day 14 / Khare to Kothe
- Today we descend walking for 4-5 hours via same trekking trail from Khare to Kothe.
- Day 15 / Kothe to Thuli Kharka
- Today we trek for 5-6 hours descending down the trail from Kothe all the way to Thuli Kharka.
- Day 16 / Thuli Kharka to Lukla
- Today we trek for 6-7hours from Thuli Kharka all the way back to Lukla.
- Day 17 / Lukla to Kathmandu
- Early morning flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu. Explore the leisure time around Kathmandu valley and rest overnight.
- Day 18 / Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport pick-up and drops - international and domestic.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast or similar.
- Flight From Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu only 15 kg luggage aloud. (10kg big bag & 5kg hand bag).
- Trip flight from Kathmandu to Lukla & Kathmandu for member and involved staffs.
- Lodge accommodation & full board meals throughout the trek.
- 17 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners included chosen from lodge menu.
- 14 Nights twin share accommodation during the trek.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permits).
- Mera peak climbing permit fee. Mera Peak trail map.
- First Aid kits for the staffs and the groups.
- Services coordination of emergency and rescue operations.
- Government taxes & office service charge.
- Meals not mentioned in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverages and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses.
- Battery charge, hot showers & international phone calls.
- Any item not mentioned in Inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other?If yes, then