Maldives Diving Experience
Maldives is a group of islands in the Indian ocean South of India. Characterized by white sand beaches, clear blue water, beautiful marine life and coral reef underneath, the place is just paradise. It is a great place for water sports like snorkeling and scuba diving. And after all that work just the perfect place to chill.
The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish.Jacques Yves Cousteau
- Destination: Maldives
- Nearest City (Airport): Male
- Dates: On request
- Months: Dec – May
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Guide: Available
- Price: On request
Diving anywhere in the Maldives is world class! And Maafushi Island is no exception. With an average year round temperature of 29 degree, diving in Maldives is one of the most comfortable and stunning dive experiences. The island possesses a variety of dive sites for all levels of divers. The abundant marine life that we can spot includes – A variety of sharks, turtles, barracuda and rays.
About 45 minutes away from Malé by Speed boat, Maafushi Island is a favourite that’s frequented by a lot of divers and tourists. Located in the South Malé Atoll, the island is relatively large, compared to other islands in the same atoll, but also suffers from erosion on the northern shoreline.
Maldives is a great place for divers and non-divers alike. You could do a Open Water Course, or do a fun dive, or snorkel or just chill in the beach sipping on a margarita
Open Water Course:
The first level of the SCUBA diving course is what we recommend to your guests.
The Open Water course is divided into 3 modules. Theory, pool training and 4 dives in the ocean. We complete the first 2 sections in Bangalore itself so that they can focus on their dives and have a lot of free time to enjoy the beautiful island.
The course in Bangalore can be completed over a weekend.
*Basic swimming is mandatory for the course.
For guests who are accompanying and not wanting to do the course, they can always try the Discover SCUBA session. This is an hour-long session where the guests are introduced to SCUBA. A bonus about this island is that it where very close to many of the resort islands and guests can also visit these resorts for a day at nominal day visit costs.
- Day 1
- Arrive at the guest house and check in. Visit the dive centre in the evening for all the necessary paper work and gear sizing. Enjoy the beautiful Sunset from the sandbank. Dinner at leisure.
- Day 2
- Post breakfast, we start with first dive of our trip. After an hour of surface interval, we will complete the second dive of the day. Return to the island in time for lunch and rest. Post lunch, we could explore the island (indulge in local sports like volleyball, football or sightseeing etc.). Dinner at leisure.
- Day 3
- Post breakfast, we will start with the third dive of our trip. After an hour of surface interval, we will complete the second dive of the day. Return to the island and time for lunch and rest. For our guests learning to dive, at the end of the 4th dive you would have completed all the requisites for the PADI Open Water course and you will now be a certified diver. :)
- Day 4
- Post breakfast, we head for some fun dives. Now as a certified diver, its time to log in more dives and we have arranged two more fun dives for you. Fun dives are purely for experience and loads of FUN!
- Day 5
- Post breakfast, we depart Maafushi and head to the Male International Airport for our return flight.
- Cancellation policy:
- • Security deposit of 50% is non-refundable • Cancellations after last payment date: Non refundable. Once your spot on the trip is booked, we do not offer refunds except in extreme circumstances and this is limited to the amount reimbursed by our partners. It is for this reason that we strongly recommend that each guest avail travel and dive insurance, so as to avoid losses incurred due to unforeseeable circumstances. Definitely no refund after booking is confirmed; trip starts or for no shows. NB: Above itinerary is subject to the weather and sea conditions. Based on the previous said unforeseen events the dive trips may be modified. The 6 dives are subject to weather conditions.
- A GREEN NOTE:
- Maldives have a very delicate ecosystem and the disposal of the garbage from the island is not an easy matter to deal with as the islands are small and the waste have to be transferred by boat with a lot of loss into the sea. For this reason we ask you kindly to bring back your plastic bottles and anything that could be damaging to the reef and our precious marine life.
- Diving:This package includes six (6) dives over 3 days. For those who have to complete the Open Water Course, the first 4 dives will be completed in the first two days with practice of all the required skills for the certification. The dive sites will be around the Island itself. Maafushi has a beautiful house reef in which we could spot turtles, white and black tip sharks, sting rays, moray eels and much more…
- Accommodation: Keeping your comfort in mind, we have carefully chosen our stay. All rooms are spacious and have a private bathroom with hot and cold water. The concept of the hotel is inspired by water, sand and wood commonly found on the beaches of Maldives.
- Meals: The package includes breakfast only. For other meals such as lunch and dinner there are plenty of eateries and restaurants within walking distance that offer a wide array of local Maldivian food and European treats. Since Maldives is an Islamic country there are no bars serving alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is served only in resorts and it is considered an offence to it into the country.
- Accommodation on double or twin sharing basis with breakfast on all days.
- 6 dives with necessary SCUBA equipment rental and all guide fees.
- Speed boat return transfers from International Airport in Male – Maafushi.
- All permits.
- All taxes.
- PADI/SSI Certification (would be additional based on the type of certification).
- Nitrox, diving courses if not specified otherwise.
- Tickets (incl. camera charges) to monuments, buidings, museums etc.
- Beverages (Non Alcoholic/Alcoholic). Meals, unless specified in the itinerary.
- Guide Services.
- Personal expenses.
- Any Airfare. Visa.
- Any item that is not mentioned in inclusions.
Book or Personalize
Its interesting, isn’t it?
Its now time to go out there and experience.
Hope you liked it. Do you want to request some changes and personalize the Experience – in terms of date of travel, exclusive group, additional facilities and any other? If yes, then